Silverstone

What the fcuk was that protestor all about @ Silverstone on Sunday ?

I hope the Silverstone circuit doesn’t get dropped from the F1 calendar

There is only one real reason why circuits are going to be dropped from the F1 calender, and that’s money!

Bernie Ecclestone has absolutely no interest in motor racing, his only interest is lining his pockets.

This is the one and only reason behind dropping possibly the best track (Spa) from the calender. The Belgian tobacco legislation means Bernie can’t make as much money from the event as he can if he has one somewehere like Bahrain, where they will allow mahoosive fag adverts everywhere.

Too true Mincer - sadly.:frowning: :mad:

Originally posted by Mincer
There is only one real reason why circuits are going to be dropped from the F1 calender, and that’s money!

I know, that’s definately part of it. :slight_smile:

But apparently (according to mates who have been in the last few years, not Bernie) Silverstone is still a little lacking, or too expensive.

In terms of Bernie making more money… well, three circuits he says there is a serious possiblity of being added to the Formula 1 calendar (in place of European circuits) are China (Pop: 1,273,100,000), India (Pop: 1,030,000,000), and Russia (Pop: 145,470,000)…

ahem, more F1 fans anyone?! :smiley:

I still think Bernie put that protestor upto it.:flip: