Thinking of buying a bar

fan-bloody-tastic mate! thats excellent.

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;413200]Looking good!

Done your first stint behind the bar yet ?[/QUOTE]

Banana Bar isn’t open yet, GF has been busy trying to sort out the legal stuff. Looking to have everything in place to be able to open next week with a bit of luck.

There are elections this weekend, and Thai law states it is illegal to sell alcohol during elections, so we are trying to see if we can get it redecorated over this weekend.

Redecoration is starting tomorrow, reckoning on opening Wednesday with a bit of luck!

Guess what the paint scheme is???

Yellow :smiley:

Nice! Ambrosia yellow, or Birds yellow? :chuckle:

More of a Birds Yellow I think!

Well, the decorators have been doing a hell of a job… when they quoted for the job they said a week to do it, I told them they had 4 days… After 2 days they have nearly finished!

And it hasn’t been a simple job - wallpaper needed stripping and then the walls prep’ed. By 21:00 last night most of the painting was finished! :slight_smile:

We are planning on opening tomorrow night…

Need to purchase a new TV, get the booze ordered and get the bar dolled up in balloons.

Will post a pic of before and after pics when I get the chance!

Fan-bloody-tastic mate, glad it’s all coming together so nicely:thumbsup:

Looking forward to the pics, how about a few during renovations?

Well, todays the day!

GF was up early to head off to the bar… drink delivery was coming at 9:00. I am going to hate seeing the invoice for the drink… there was 20+ bottles of spirits on her list! :sigh:

Just a few finishing touches require to be done after yesterday… and a bit of a clean-up. Hopefully the opening tonight will go alright.

It’s 2 months since I made my mind up to do it, and tonight I will find out if it has all been worth it!

Good luck to you and the GF m8. :xfinger: for you both.

Good luck for tonight! Although you will probably already be starting the evening by the time im posting this!

Good Luck, I hope it all go’s smooth and you don’t run out of anything.

Well, we opened…

An interesting first night. A few of the local bar owners called in to check out the competition.

It’s early days… but things are looking good.

It is going to be a shame that I head back home for work in 2 days, but the bar is now up and running… that’s the main thing!

Conratulations on opening, I hope it proves to be a huge success for you:)

Well done Fiend!! :trophy:

When we getting some piccies then?

pref of nekked thai girls :slight_smile:

I just had an idea. How about we hold the next ‘Mojo’s’ in the Banana bar? Im sure the locals are cuter…

Well, I am on my way back to the UK… MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!:trophy:

Purchase of bar… legal stuff… redecoration and opening all accomplished in 8 days!

Will post a few pics when I get back home… stuck in Dubai on an 7 hour layover… enjoying the comforts of the business class lounge… mmmmm free beer!!!

buy a coat … it’s bloody cold back home :lol:

and congrats on the past 8 days :thumbsup:

Eventually got home at 6pm… delay 2 hours on the tarmac at Dubai due to fog… and it wasn’t the best landing at Manchester… the plane made quite a bump as the wheels hit the tarmac :frowning:

It has been a fun 2 weeks… Promise will post the pics over the next 2 days!

Was crapping myself walking through customs… the price of tobacco in Dubai is just too tempting :smiley: