Thinking of buying a bar

Looks like an awesome job Fiend! I love the tiles in the hallway and is that carving on those doors? Looks the biz m8 :thumbsup:

Yep, carving on the doors and the internals have carvings on as well.

The bathroom colour scheme was my choice

But there was one slight problem with the showers… they fitted them a bit low on the wall, not realising the was a 6 footer will be using them… luckily they have adjusted them upwards.

We still a few jobs to do on the house… we need to have a water tank fitted in the garden, fit security gaurds over the windows, install air-con units and electric showers. I’ll be fitting the electric showers on my next trip, the cables are already run so they’ll just need mounted and connected up.

“Electric Showers”. I have a vision of being zapped into cleanliness…

That looks very nice… Housewarming party? :wasted: LOL

Mother-in-Law wants to know when our next trip is going to be… she wants to get the Buddhist monks booked for a house blessing ( the Thai version of a housewarming party!!!)

Just returned from out first stay in the house… we slept on 2" thick mattresses on the floor… we spent quite a bit of the time there getting quotes for the security grills for the windows… eventually settling on a quote that works out at about £740 for the supplied and installed. Mrs Fiend also managed to drag me round looking for curtains.

Did some DIY - fitted one electric shower and replaced a RCD that had been fitted to the outside wall at the rear of the house (to feed a water tank pump) with one in a waterproof housing

The good news is development on the street is now finished. Last time we were out there the was a plot next door but one to ours that hadn’t been built on… well there is now a house there and both house next to ours have also been completed but haven’t been occupied yet.

In the evening it’s amazing how quiet the estate is, the only noise being the noise of geckos, crickets and a frog that seems to reside in the garden opposite us, occasionally spoiled by Mrs Fiend yapping away!!!

Temperatures hit 39 DegC last week but we were still able to be inside the house without aircon, so we aren’t in too much of a rush to fit it yet, and one good thing is the front porch is in shade all day during the summer but when the temperature drops down to the lower 30’s in the later part of the year the porch will be in sunshine due to the movement of the sun.

Already got 2 more trips planned in the next 12 months so on each visit a bit more will be getting done to the house as we get ready for my retirement move in years to come.

Great news for you and Mrs Fiend, m8. Glad it’s all coming together for you guys. :slight_smile:

Wow… 10 years have flew in since I started this topic…

Heading back out to Thailand again in 6 weeks time… and work on the house continues…

Now got air con in 2 of the bedrooms and we’ve even got a bed now… Sofa is next on the list

We’ve started planting some vegetation in the garden… there’s a young palm tree and a couple of mango trees which are already producing fruit…

And I’m in the process of smuggling a half decent AV system over… The price of KEF speakers out in Thailand is ridiculous so I bought them in the UK and took 2 out last trip, and 2 more going this trip… Already smuggled a Marantz AV amp out as well…

I’ll update this when we’re back from our next visit

10 years - O M G !!!

Of all the things to smuggle, quality electronics into the land where a large amount are made - there’s some irony in there somewhere :smiley:

Put it this way KEF speakers cost more than double what they cost in the UK… I’ll be buying a TV and a subwoofer in Thailand, but the rest of the stuff will be getting smuggled out there,… and yes even speaker cable…