Top100 return for TPR?

I just added a few GPU’s into mix only GT240 units but should break 20K daily now or close. Sorry to hear about 460’s going off line hope we can stay in top 100 for a while.

99th is ours now, and according to the stats we are good for 2.5 weeks at current rate.

I wonder how charlie-credit-card is feeling now he’s kicked into a new month :chuckle:

DT.

I’ll answer my own question with a link …
http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/Palit+GeForce+GTX+460+Sonic+1024MB+GDDR5+PCI-Express+Graphics+Card+?productId=40861

Charlie Credit card is feeling bruised and battered <again> Brought that to go in my home machine for dual-dvi, then the 768Mb version that has single vga&dvi + hd can go in the 24/7 box folding …

Ofc, that means more power capatain …
http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/OCZ+750W+Fatal1ty+Series+Modular+Power+Supply+?productId=42232

That’s that sorted :chuckle: Hoping it’ll turn up tomorrow, roads etc have been clear here and in Manchester for a few days so should be OK and get the next day delivery.

The one rig in the office should be pushing around 25k ppd by the end of tomorrow, and be a lot quieter than it is now :smiley:

DT.

order is here now, so football coaching and then some installing to be done later on :slight_smile:

I’ve put the new 1024Mb card into my home machine so the 24/7 will be a pair of 768Mb GTX460s, no driver changes and afterburner put it to the overclock of the other card, 750 core, but it is running cooler than the 768Mb which is most odd, and being the sonic version it’s voltage range is a lot nicer according to the product description.

I’ll let it run stock for a while, to verify the new hardware and then I might have a bit of a play :devil: Just need enough to hold off PNY so we can be 100th for Christmas :smiley:

DT.

it looks like we are just going to hold on to 99th for Christmas Day :woot:

I’ve got all three of my 460’s running 24/7, solved the stability issue on my home machine :slight_smile: I hadn’t activated windows and it kept rebooting, and for some odd reason my pci-e addin raid card doesn’t like reboots. A cold start and it works every time.

DT.

Yeeeehaaarrrrrrrr!! Good news indeed :cool: Well done all!! :yippee:

:woot:

…and still holdng on to the number 100 spot in the New Year too!! :cool:

Yeeeehaaaarrrr!!! :yippee:

for about the next six days, when we’ll be back down to 102nd :frowning:

Boinc spread us too thin

Oh well at least it was a good start to the year :slight_smile:

To make matters worse I’ve lost one of my Linux crunchers (15K PPD)- finances dictate that a new power supply capable of supporting multiple GPUs will have to wait a few months as they’re not cheap.

would this psu manage? http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=40 it’s not quiet when under load close to it’s max, but I would happily send for payment later for you :slight_smile:

DT.

No it wouldn’t cope - needs to be 600w + and four PCIe connectors 2x6 and 2x8 - thanks for the offer.

back to 101st, and looking at the stats in a under a fortnight we should be back at 100th :smiley:

yeh i was just looking at this earlier. Looks as though if we can keep the daily gain above 200k then we got a good 3 - 4 ranks to claim.

On a side note. I keep getting 2m SMP WUs and they really dont like this sandy bridge, taking a good 48hrs running to complete one. Is there a way to stop me getting these and gaining the smaller packages. Ill be grabbing a cooler from nt later today and overclocking it, hopefully to a stable 4.5+ Ghz.

[QUOTE=iGoD ReLeNtLeS;458249]
On a side note. I keep getting 2m SMP WUs and they really dont like this sandy bridge, taking a good 48hrs running to complete one. Is there a way to stop me getting these and gaining the smaller packages. Ill be grabbing a cooler from nt later today and overclocking it, hopefully to a stable 4.5+ Ghz.[/QUOTE]

looking at your figures you are getting less with a Sandybridge processor than I can from an old Q6600 @ 3.2 Ghz - with an overclocked 2600K I could get a minimum of 25K PPD and probably about 40K - you may have setup problems - post the contents of your client.cfg file for the SMP client and your system specs .- probably best to start a new thread as we might go :Offtopic: in a big way.

6days to go, before back in spot 100 :smiley: :woot:

I fell over the 5 Million mark…now forward to someone above. Have had low numbers of late got hit with Blizzard 25" of snow, and 6+ foot drifts took 8 hours to dig driveway out…man where do put snow when everything is already 3 foot high…what a past few days…lost power 19 times so finally turned off boxes until thing sorted by local Edison, but back to sort of normal today. Hey DT looking at new box finally I hope with dual GTX 460 should I get 1G version or 768? The Difference is only 30 per card so just wondering.

from what I read, the 768Mb use a little less power and unless you want the extra connectivity of dual dvi, stick to the 768. The 1Gb cards seems to come with dual-dvi instead of dvi+vga, I have a 1Gb card at home, doesn’t clock as high as the 768Mb but I wanted dual dvi :slight_smile:

DT.

looks as though today is the day. My smp bashed one out this morning, and a further 2nd left the GPU client before i left for work. Should have another 2 done on the GPU this evening, the SMP might just squeeze one in tonight, that last 500k unit only took ~6hrs. But not sure what size its got atm.