TPR Meet - Better Conditions Than Last Time

Right, going to try this one again!

I spoke to Andy (owner of hotel I work at) last night and he is interested in knowing more about us having a weekend meet there and early indications show that he’s much more flexible about things that Julie was when I spoke to her about it last year!

I have to jot down a lot of things for him to look over, such as what we’d be looking for, numbers etc, so below is a kinda proposal of what we would like and what I know for sure now that we can/can’t have. If you can let me know on this thread, asap if you seriously would be interested then I can give Andy rough numbers and also if you think of anything I’ve forgotten.

Date wise we’d probably be looking at March for first one

We would probably be able to get the big function room on the understanding that if someone else wanted to book a function in there for the weekend that we’ve booked, we’d need to move/cancel (not highly likely that that will happen though)

We would need to have rooms, but Andy is more than willing to do a special deal on the price (unlike Julie!), so it deffo won’t be as expensive as the room rates I posted before

I have mentioned to him about the deal we had with Mojo for Sat night food (i.e. pay set amount for eat as much as you want curry or w/e) and he seemed to like this idea, would also ask if we could get a big batch of bacon baps say about 10am instead of the full breakfast between 7.30am & 9 am. This would also bring down the cost of the rooms and if we’ve had a late night, then don’t need to worry about getting up in time for breakfast :smiley:

There are sockets in the Autumn Suite (the function room we’d be using) but neither Andy or I know how much they will handle, so yes you can bring your pc, but we would need lots of 4 (or 6) way extensions and it might not be enough power

There would be an entrance charge (probably £5) to cover gas & electric. This would mean that we can have heating on anytime :smiley:

Dinner on the Fri night, lunch on Sat & Sunday lunch (if desired - not required!) would be in main bar

Unlike Mojo’s meets, we wouldn’t be able to stay in function room til whatever time we wanted, we’d need to be out of there by 11pm or 12pm ish, but we can then go into the residents bar which is licensed 24 hours and closes at the night porter’s discretion (2.30am is the earliest it will close though)

There is a cd player (with hdd) and amp in there, and volume won’t be a problem. There is also a bar in there, and I will be ask Andy if he would be ok with me serving, but I would be the only one allowed behind the bar (sorry, no trust bar like at Mojo’s)

Fri lunchtime is when I’m hoping we’d have access, but if there’s a conference on that day, we may have to wait until something like 5pm, but I’m sure that’ll be no hardship when there’s a residents bar to wait in :wink:

That’s all I can think of at mo, but if I think of anything else I’ll post, likewise if you do :slight_smile: I’d say this is as close to Mojo’s as we’re going to get, so let’s get it on people :smiley:

hmmm sounds good but I would only be able to make it for a day, probably sat morning -> evening only due to the other half being a little pregnant :smiley:

Sounds like a good idea. Might be enough time for me to accumulate some of my jobseekers together and come up, even if it is for a a day possiby.

Sounds a good idea, but would depend on which weekend, due to work and flying off to Thailand to get hitched… If it’s at Crewe it’s only a 2 and a bit hour blast down the M6 for me…

So I might make an appearance! Date, work and finance permitting! :smiley:

Just had a look in diary and for March, we have a choice of: 13-15 or 27-29. For April, we have 24-26.

Sounds a good plan to me as long as there isn’t too much expense.
Would be great to see everyone again, finance permitting and dependent on whether i can get a job with relevant time off.

[QUOTE=Bullseye;433302]Sounds a good plan to me as long as there isn’t too much expense.
Would be great to see everyone again, finance permitting and dependent on whether i can get a job with relevant time off.[/QUOTE]

Obviously the biggest expense will be your hotel room, but as I say it should be no-where near the cost it was going to be before.

I’ll be up for a meet, if there’s a bar I doubt I’ll spend much time in the function room though :smiley: Work and family things come first though, pick a date to suit you rather than me if you know what I mean.

DT.

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;433306]I’ll be up for a meet, if there’s a bar I doubt I’ll spend much time in the function room though :smiley: Work and family things come first though, pick a date to suit you rather than me if you know what I mean.

DT.[/QUOTE]

There’s a bar in there Malk :wink:

yeah, but you said that one closes :wink:

DT.

When that bar closes, that means the function room’s closed :wink: Then there’s the resident’s bar to go on to :smiley:

You could always bring Mrs & Abi with you :wink:

Yep, I will be up for it.

Both of the March dates work for me… if enough were bringing Pc’s id bring my main one, if its few then i’d bring along my Laptop and beer money.
The arrangements sound good Hids :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Peige;433317]Yep, I will be up for it.

Both of the March dates work for me… if enough were bringing Pc’s id bring my main one, if its few then i’d bring along my Laptop and beer money.
The arrangements sound good Hids :)[/QUOTE]

Cool :smiley: I’ve text’d HOI too, can you give Shanks a nudge please? :smiley:

I’d love to come and meet you all for a session, however, getting a little present in March (if it sticks to the midwifes dates!).

Maybe the next one!

Congratulations Scream :clap:

[QUOTE=Hidden Spirit;433293]There is also a bar in there, and I will ask Andy if he would be ok with me serving, but I would be the only one allowed behind the bar (sorry, no trust bar like at Mojo’s)
[/QUOTE]

Meant to say, that you can actually get drinks/food put on your room bill and then you just pay that on check out.

I would like to come, but I am now officially unemployed and poor. Sorry :frowning:

sounds like a damn fine idea. i already have a big weekend planned for april, so as far away from that would be ideal to spread costs!

march is sounds good!

ill try and stay up to date here so i can get an idea of prices when they are released.

oh, and thanks for the text :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t realise the time til after I’d sent it :lol: Hope I didn’t wake you :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds good! I’m ok for 13-15 March but the other two are doubtful. :slight_smile: