Unstable

:mad: After 6 months of chruncing this machine is giving out, think i’ll have to get a new tomorrow.
Any sugestions amd or p4, radeon or nvidia?

sorry to hear that m8 :frowning:

Get some P4 HT goodness

:thumbsup:

they clock well and pump out many wu’s

J:D

How far up will i have to go to get hyperthreading?, any sugestions on graphicscard? I have a p4 2.54,1G mem and a Gainward TI4200 Gold. Should i stick with NVIDIA or get a Radeon 9800?:confused:

its getting unstable… so you’re gonna buy a new one. why not just fix it? replace whatever is broken, and spend the extra cash on hookers and ale?

Originally posted by Lucifer
its getting unstable… so you’re gonna buy a new one. why not just fix it? replace whatever is broken, and spend the extra cash on hookers and ale?

:haha:

your board needs to be HT capable, what u using m8?

Originally posted by Lucifer
why not just fix it? replace whatever is broken, and spend the extra cash on hookers and ale?

Its not that i NEED the new stuff, i NEED to buy the new stuff, i dont need to fix it, and iwoulden’t know how to

New mobo, new processor, new graphicscard, the whole getup!:headbang:

But still should i choose AMD or P4, NVIDIA or Radeon? :confused:

P4P800 Asus, 2.6C

Gfx to your liking as it makes no diff to wu time :wink:

i have the above @3.5ghz.turns out 18wu/p/d

:thumbsup:

AMD and radeon. I have both and they work fine for me on most of my rigs…Its all up to you m8 :shrug:

If you want hyperthreading I believe that starts with the p3.06 as far as boards. Get anyone that supportd hyperthreading and 500 to 800 fsb also 400 DDR. you’ll want minimum 512 meg of ram. And the price of ram is going up, as far as graphix card I have the NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 and it works great. My MB is a MSI MS-6585 or MSI 648 max for short and it does real well. also if you need a new monitor I picked up a 19" ViewSonic G90f-2 on sale for a meer 290 bucks US. there you go as for a case there are tons of cases to choose from. The Thermaltake Highest Xaser III V1000A Super Tower is about 180.00 bucks US including tax. well thats all I can think of right now. :smiley:

is this a hookers vs hyperthreading thread? :confused:

That’s an easy question. :lol:

Hyperthreading :slight_smile:

I have a P4 2.4c overclocked to 3.0 with hyperthreading. XP will see two processors even though there is one and this box did 16 units yesterday and 15 today. It will do anywhere from 14 to 16 and has a average time of 3:17 per unit.

HMMMM just spend lots and you get lots…Like Radeon better then Nvidia but that’s up to you…and your wallet…AMD/Intel again more bang with AMD for the buck so spend until it hurts…Me I have middle of road and several systems so I crunch 21+ a day…not lots but thats what I have…and remember how fast is fast…I can do lots at 2.0 Gz and my AMD toys…

Best luck on purchase!

Regards,

Greg

Originally posted by Endre
:mad: After 6 months of chruncing this machine is giving out, think i’ll have to get a new tomorrow.
Any sugestions amd or p4, radeon or nvidia?

If it’s unstable it’s probably your PSU. It was with my 1.8A o/c’d to 2.6 GHz - just replace PSU with one with more oomph and you’ll be laughing.

:slight_smile: I ended up with an Asus P4P800 board that supports dual ddr ram( 2x256 pc3200)and hyperthreading, p4 2.6 hyperthreaded, a gainward Gfx 5900 (ultra/1200 xp) golden sample.:smiley: