Where the hell does it go ??

Anybody who needs to lay there hands on this stuff will know what i mean … PTFE tape, i’ve got about 5 rolls of the damn stuff here somewhere.

I’ve done a job on the bathroom, just plumbing the cistern back in. Can i find the PTFE? Can i buggery!

It’s not like it’s the most expensive stuff in the world, less than a quid a roll, but i can never find where i’ve left it, that why i always end up buying another roll (and another, and another, etc)

Gah !!!

[/rant]

The manufacturers enchant it with a spell so that it disappears for the duration of a plumbing job.

About 10 minutes after you have finished (thus having purchased and used a new roll) it will re-appear.

In my case my wife will ‘put it away’ in a place that no male of the species can find any logic to, she will ‘not have touched it - it must be where you left it’ and then admit to having moved it only once you have found it with something like ‘well, you should not have left it lying around’.

Correct, 10 points. Found the roll about 10 minutes ago (too stuborn to walk to hardware shop, it’s a good 50m from my door)

Oh perfect, the reason i’ve had trouble getting it to seal it that the pvc thread going into the tank was chewed up and some bugger had packed it with a few oversized (and crushed) fibre washers. Whole bleedin flush unit need replacing cos it’s all moulded from one piece, grrrr :realmad:

D.I.Y. When I do it, it stands for “DESTROY IT YOURSELF”.

If I touch plumbing it leaks, if I touch electrics, it fuses and wallpapering, there’s more paste on me than on the walls. Best left to the experts…:smiley:

Originally posted by Droid
[B]D.I.Y. When I do it, it stands for “DESTROY IT YOURSELF”.

If I touch plumbing it leaks, if I touch electrics, it fuses and wallpapering, there’s more paste on me than on the walls. Best left to the experts…:smiley: [/B]

That’s me to a T. Did an oil change on my wife’s car yesterday and there was as much oil on me and the floor as there was in the pan. Still gotta get some stuff to clean up the stain. I’ve had two successes: installed a dimmer for a light and installed a digital thermostat.