XP Malware removal Install...

Ok it’s come to that time of year again that im getting lot’s of requests to help remove Spyware/Adaware from pc’s…

Now what I was wanting to do is get a HD and install Windows XP on it all uptodate to this point… and I want to be able to drop that into any pc (amd or intel) and it boot up so I can start to disinfect the usual local harddrive…

Now what I was wondering is would this be easy enough to do ? I understand the difference in hardware may effect it… and im willing to do whatever I can do get it working…

So would Syspreping the harddrive everytime im done work ?

I know the next time I put the harddrive in ill have to run a setup… but im willing to do that for this…

Has anyone got any ideas ? what have you got setup for this sort of thing ? I dont really have any pc’s that I can have sitting around waiting to do this…

ta muchly :slight_smile:

The only issue I can see with that is the software licence. You could create a slipstream disc I would guess, but the other guys are better at this than I am.

I’d go for a livecd personally, I think it was knoppix that gives a windows look and feel from a cd boot - mount the hdd, then install / run whatever you want (poss easiest to stick scanners on the cd too or on a usb drive).

/edit: it was BartPE not knoppix :rolleyes:

anyway, get BartPE - just the ticket :thumbsup:

Ive got a BartPE cd… its actually running up right now… lol

But how would I install custom software like MalwareBytes ?

ill have a look a bit more…

@ Droid Im fully licenced with XP… so it wont be an issue to make a slipstream disk… as I already have one… but installing XP…20-40mins isnt really a quick option… lol

For a non free solution have a look at avasts bart-cd, all the tools you need on a live CD