What annoyed me today...

Darn homeowners insurance just jumped $400.00 from last year due to all the hail storms in the last year… err even though we had no claims. Was so pist off started getting quotes and found we still have an awesome rate actually the best rate… yet still annoyed!
Others get damaged and everyone else has to pay the price.

Still being ripped off with the home and car insurance companies and, lest we forget, the *ankers that were bailed out after leaving everyone else up the proverbial creek who, apparently, still have there hands in the till whilst still complaining they’ve been hard done to.

Digging a metre down for garage foundations and finding rubble under the top soil.

So it needs to go deeper.
Every scoop that comes out costs money to fill in with concrete

trying to catch a llama that don’t wont to be caught:furious:

Power cut when I got home, came back quickly but went down again not long ago. Leccy company says they hope to get it back for morning. Luckily I remembered to top up the laptop battery…

Not a cloud in the sky.
So I unscrew the pram hood from my convertible Daihastu.
Note the word unscrew as in unbolt, remove completely and toss into a corner of the patio so I can ferry some large stuff about.

Then a monsoon arrives, proper cats N dogs type rain for 15 minutes out of nowhere.

I think it may take a while to dry out
:frowning:

at least the smell might have left …

DT.

Shush you.
Havent you got Vbulletin patches to apply or something ?

nope, because I was too lazy to do the patch that had the flaw in it :smiley:

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;454984]at least the smell might have left …

DT.[/QUOTE]

Initial sniff tests indicate it has actually awakened the beast.

I have parked it further away from the house as a result.

Large file operations on Excel. :yawn:

Is there a better way to view 1 mill+ records? :frowning:

People who cannot drive on a straight section of motorway, in a 50 limit, with no junctions in sight without turning it into a contact sport.

Penalty points are not enough, roadside birching is required.
If there is any question of blame, just pick the driver of the Audi/Golf, there is always one if three or more cars have a shunt.

[QUOTE=drezha;455214]Large file operations on Excel. :yawn:

Is there a better way to view 1 mill+ records? :([/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Maybe. Drop it into Open Office and regularly pump it out as a PDF? Might not be much quicker, but at least you’ll feel like you’re doing something useful while you’re waiting :slight_smile:

Discovering that some financial decisions were made without my permish.

I’m quite, quite, used to people talking about me as if I’m not there. Even silly situations where a drink or meals are served and I’m sat there saying “errrrr, excuse me?” while people are eating. So I’m a quiet chap. So?

But I run the finances, because I’m damn good at it. Finding I was £300 down from my in house stash was a bit of a shock.

Does HE take sugar? Nope, I use sweeteners, thank you. Kitchen side, on top of the QT (instant tea).

Worse were the blank looks that I made darn sure got into focus. Really upset me.

Cue Ronan Keating at full blast while I laid out their budget to recover it. Felt much better. Then switched to Metallica. Hah! End Grumble :slight_smile:

What is currently annoying me out of all proportion is a wonky car.

It decided after a huge puddle that it only had 3rd gear and as I just carried on down the slip road to the M4 a series of bits, probably things that used to comprise the gear linkages and almost certainly made from hens teeth and unobtanium, could be heard falling off and vanishing forever.

This annoys me because :-

I’m in W*LES
My tools are not
Its raining cats and dogs, but only when its eased off from absolutly hosing it down.

Lets see how that “fix 80% of cars at the roadside” looks in action then.
Bring a snorkel would be my advice.

bugger :frowning:

DT.

ouch, looks like a lift home for you :frowning:

Just seen this - not an option, it needs to be analysed by a computer lol so Excel it is. Mind for viewing CSV files, I’ve found CSVed which is great for analysing large CSV files - loads pretty quickly as the view apparently is virtual (so only shows what you need at the time and loads the rest of the file when you scroll through or perform an operation).

Erm, now that is spooky and I demand you pick six numbers for Saturday while the gift of futuresight is upon you.

Bloke looked at it, climbed under and into the engine bay and said
“Thats nae good, its flopping about like a strangled chicken”
in a heavy scottish accent which cheered me up no end even though he declared it unfixable.

Then, as my car was too heavy for him to tow or hoist I had to drive it to the Ford garage and get a lift back home.

So mystic-Meg aka Spaceboy was spot on.

Doing a three point turn using a Kerb to bounce off was strangely reminscent of a pink bus in the back streets of Banjul
:slight_smile:

The very latest hot off the press V5c vehicle registration document has really annoyed me today.

Take a look at the two side by side

The new one is in red and says “This document is not proof of ownership” and has BUYER BEWARE on the front.
I wish the very best of luck for anybody wanting to drive through Morroco with one of these, your bribes will now be tenfold.