10 most stupid British Laws

Found this little tidbit today during my browsing. Oh, and someone let Hids know about numbers 5 and 6.

The top 10 most ridiculous British laws:

1. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament

2. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down

3. In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store

4. Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day

5. In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter

6. A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman’s helmet

7. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen

8. It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing

9. It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armor

10. In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

Up untill a few years ago it was also a legal requirement for london cabbie’s to carry a bail of hay in the boot of their vehicle.

[QUOTE=P51 Mustang;399196]
10. In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.[/QUOTE]

I was certain that one was you could murder a Scotsman ONLY with a bow and arrow. Or is that a Welshman in Shrewsbury? :confused:

And back at you :wink:

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~jimella/laws01.htm

North Dakota:

Beer & pretzels can’t be served at the same time in any bar or restaurant.

I live in ND and see that one violated all the time!!!

In Hawaii you will be fined if you do not own a boat.

wtf?!

In chicargo it is legal to protest naked in front of city hall as long as you are under seventeen years of age and have legal permits.

In chicargo it is legal to protest naked in front of city hall as long as you are under seventeen years of age and have legal permits.

they rely on the fact that the weather will freeze your tits off, to stop you doing it!

[QUOTE=P51 Mustang;399196]Oh, and someone let Hids know about numbers 5 and 6.
[/QUOTE]

Cheers :lol:

Nope it is Chester.
It is still legal to shoot a Welshman from the walls of Chester City with a longbow. Sometimes I want to buy a longbow :wink:

lol,
somehow i dont think that would stick in court.
worth a try though :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Mojo;399314]Nope it is Chester.
It is still legal to shoot a Welshman from the walls of Chester City with a longbow. Sometimes I want to buy a longbow ;)[/QUOTE]

I do belive the same applies in Hereford to :scared:

that could be fun hmmmm goes off to find a bow and arrows, and puts sheep out side chester

Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.

Thats Mojo stuffed then :wink:

New Mexico:

Females are strictly forbidden to appear unshaven in public.

i LIKE this law :wink:

What about my off-the-shoulder shocking pink Lurex number? Would that qualify?

It needs to stay hanging up next to your “NO Dad” shirt.

Only bumped this because a huge number of guests were reading it

Still have the Gambian “no dad” hanging in the Wardrobe, might wear it on Friday if the weather is kind :slight_smile:

The legal proceedings changes from person to person and it is a matter of fact that there are many laws that may sound to be funny but are quite necessary at the place where they are implemented. As thundersaurus said that you could be fined for not owning a boat, sounds ridiculous but it is quite necessary there.