#100 and dropping

Since the advent of Bitcoin Utopia and that projects huge credit awards we have been dropping down the team rankings we are now down to #100:frowning:

Damn them “asics” crunchers!!! :frowning:

I’ve had it running on a GT720 and it does 120K per day. They have been using it to raise funds for a donation to Mikyway@Home.

Don’t know much about that at all. How does it work?

asic - application specific integrated circuit

Basically it is Bitcoin mining using a BOINC client and since they wrote a client for “asic” miners, crunchers running asic have been running up huge numbers.

You and I seem to be the select few still really crunching here Fiend. I think over time the fun has gone and we now just have so many other things going on that need attention we just well stopped. I’ll keep going until the electric bills get to high or something happens with equipment. It is always fun to help with science even when it is just a few work units.

I still crunch Rosetta and SETI, but only when I’m working on the PC or laptop. Can’t leave things on 24/7 like I used to, but still keeping things ticking over.

Like you said though Greg, the fun has gone out of it since the introduction of BOINC, taking away the tweaking aspect of the process, but I still keep it going for the science and the chance to potentially help someone in the future. Real life does get in the way as well, but not to the same degree as others.

Interestingly the free-dc.org/ stats site has now started compiling the stats minus Bitcoin Utopia credit and we currently stand at #90

If you take Bitcoin credit out of it I also rise from #430 to #343 in users combined.

That’s nice of them and good to know that your results are genuine.

Why is Bitcoin in the network anyway. I thought research is what it’s all about.

Still crunching for science here. SETI, Rosetta, Milkyway, and Einstein. Not really interested in crunching for bitcoins… :confused:

do I understand correct, they created a boinc for ASICS primarily to doing bitcoin mining, for then some projects now offering an asics crunching client? So basically the same kicker in production output that was CPU>GPU

Sort of but COIN is for money not for science. Sort of like saying will buy you lunch if you vote for me… Leaves a bad taste in mouth is all.

Milkway@Home is now needs to support itself on donations to continue the science. and Bitcoin Utopia has made a significant contribution to keeping it going.

Bitcoin Utopia now have a campaign running to generate funds for SETI@Home. Even though I stopped crunching SETI I will do a little BU crunching for them.

A while ago I acquired one of those “ASIC” as a test to see if I could get it to run but couldn’t get it running. but gave up and forgot about it… Had another try today and got it running within 10 minutes… It only cost £10 but looks like it’ll generate at least 250K BOINC points per day.

I might run it until it hit 10 Million then create a new account and run it under the name “Team Phoenix Rising Donation”

[QUOTE=TheFiend;466784]A while ago I acquired one of those “ASIC” as a test to see if I could get it to run but couldn’t get it running. but gave up and forgot about it… Had another try today and got it running within 10 minutes… It only cost £10 but looks like it’ll generate at least 250K BOINC points per day.

I might run it until it hit 10 Million then create a new account and run it under the name “Team Phoenix Rising Donation”[/QUOTE]

link to them for a tenner? by crunching, they running a boinc project for science or purely for bitcoin. Standalone device for a tenner? Curiosity got me :smiley:

I picked up one of these for £10, it was a used one.

After plugging it in to a USB port and using the updated instructions on the Bitcoin Utopia Q & A section after attaching it to the project it started crunching away.

Basically Bitcoin Utopia is generating bitcoins which are then used for funding projects, some of which are BOINC related including SETI and Milkyway.

My single ASIC so far is averaging 350K cobblestones per day

Just managed to pick up another ASIC to add to my “TPR Donation” Bitcoin Utopia account for the princely sum of £6.82 delivered.

Just added another couple of ASICs to my collection… but this time the are a faster version… should see a nice little jump in the TPR donation…

I’m tempted now I’m back in a managed office with some nice hidey holes thanks to a raised floor.

How much would a little farm of these asic thingies contribute to underfloor heating ?

S7 Specifications:

1. Hash Rate: 4.73 TH/s ±5%
    2. Power Consumption: 1293W + 10% (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25C ambient temp)
  2. Power Efficiency: 0.25 J/GH + 10% (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)
  3. Rated Voltage: 11.60 ~13.00V
  4. Chip quantity per unit: 135x BM1385
  5. Dimensions: 301mm(L)*123mm(W)*155mm(H)
  6. Cooling: 2x 12038 fan
  7. Operating Temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C
  8. Network Connection: Ethernet
  9. Default Frequency: 700M

Ad ID: 1213960060