400w Amprifier

Just search for LITMITED on ebay, the same broken english and typos appear on a number of adverts all placed since the last one got turfed off by Ebay.

You would think that word for word text used by a banned trader appearing on new adverts would ring an alarm bell somewhere in Ebay? Nah, dont matter as long as the fees are paid.
For a wider view of the tat Tsunami just bang KOAC LITMITED into google and see just how many places this rubbish is available.

:lol:

More questions.
Cant decide if the latest one was in danger of buying it despite me comparing it to the contents of a “Glastonbury Portaloo”
:confused:

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;380125]More questions.
Cant decide if the latest one was in danger of buying it despite me comparing it to the contents of a “Glastonbury Portaloo”
:confused:[/QUOTE]

It’s worrying isn’t it :Oh-hum:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230149178013

Some of the questions are from TPR members.
Like a sort of pin-the-tail-on-donkey game can you guess who left which question ?

[QUOTE=PMM;379270]Not much inside :shocked: i think they confused it with milliwatts

Might make a nice headphone amp… /Gets coat.[/QUOTE]

I found the item when moving everything out of the garage and thought about re-listing it again but there dont seem to be any on there at present.

Somebody else did buy one, was similarly dissapointed but did actually try and use it as a headphone amp later on.

Update…I never used mine at all until I finally ran it up in August 2008 with a view to using it as a headphone amp and it was faulty!! Gross distortion at any level. I suppose the case might come in handy for another project.

So I wont even bother trying that with it.

/edit
In fact I take my hat off the the Hi-Fi reviewer that sat down to do a reference test of one of these items.

• A new flag has been created especially for this product. It is called the

John Ruskin Award For Utter Uselessness And Total Waste Of Effort And Expenditure

“It’s unwise to pay too much but it’s unwise to pay too little. When you pay too much you lose a little money, that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing you bought it to do.”

John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Several other parts of his review made me chuckle but are not suitable for posting here :wink:

can’t believe somebody reviewed it lol :smiley:

Nice thread revival :thumbsup:

You gotta put this back on ebay !, take it as a challenge.
Link it to the review, and say it would make a good paperweight ( if filled with lead )

Jon.

Fast forward a few years and I post this Amplifryer on Gumtree after it fell on my toes whilst rooting in the shed.
(English rooting not that Aussie version)

Only after posting do I find this thread on google.
It stands a good chance of meeting the metal skip at the weekend

I’ve got a little project on at the moment… rebuilding a subwoofer enclosure I built for one of my previous cars into one for home cinema use in my house in Thailand. The enclosure is 8 litre capacity which was ideally matched to the Rockford Fosgate 8" sub it used… found a plate amplifier which claims to be ideal for subwoofers on ebay for £35… Awaiting delivery so I can test it out… The dimensions of it are perfect for my compact enclosure…

I’m not after earth shattering bass.

Been busy on fleabay acquiring a Marantz AV amp and KEF Egg speakers and have put together a fairly decent set up for £350… It’ll be fun getting the stuff over to Thailand though, probably take 3 trips to transport it all out there

Well the fleabay amp turned, and it does actually appear to be quite well built, but haven’t had chance to test it yet…Waiting for another couple of bits before I can test it…

What are the other bits, a pair of gauntlets and a fire extinguisher? :chuckle:

What bits? Well a new subwoofer with matching grill as it turned out the original, which was 15 years old had suffered some from degradation… the foam ring between the cone and chassis had failed big style, and although repairable the cost of the correct replacement part and getting it shipped from the USA was nearly the cost of a new sub in the UK, so I’ve decided on a wee bit of an upgrade to a 4Ohm Dual Voice Coil sub that can be wired to 8Ohm…

I’ve decided to give the box a textured finish, so am also waiting on some black granite stone effect spray to get delivered…

Why go the DIY project route? Been pricing up AV equipment prices over in Thailand and the price of decent stuff is ridiculously priced!!! Stuff like Kef speakers cost more than 50% more than in the UK!!!

The plate amp that i got had the name “Buddytec” on the fleabay ad, but when it turned up it was a “Gelhard” part… a company that manufactures stuff for in car entertainment, so hopefully a fire extinguisher wont be needed!!!

When I’ve got it built up I’ll be able to see how it compares against my Kef sub, a Model 20B… which is a 10" Sealed 70W active Sub