400w Amprifier

Just had a bargain delivered from an ebay seller.

400w Koac V3 GP 103 two channel High Power Amplifier.

Looks the part, all heatsinks and stuff, £13 delievered, from Hong Kong.
It arrived today and was a lot smaller than I expected.
Curiosity got the better of me so I popped open the case to see whats in there, not a flipping lot and only one Active component with a clearly visible Toshiba part number TA8210AHQ.

Having built a few projects years ago with similar chips I know these are not very powerful and its no surprise to find its rated at 2x20w.

So I’m all poised and ready with as much vitriol as you can get in one line of Ebay feedback to find the pleb has been booted off by Ebay themselves.

There will shortly be a reprisal advert on Ebay for this item feel free to bid!

Not the old PMPO vs RMS ratings game? Then again, a real 400W amp would likey cost more than £13 delivered, even from the cheapest parts of the far east.

It fun looking at car amp specs :chuckle:

Mine field of mis-information.

Yeah, those amprifiers are nasty. Probably the broken Engrish that misled you… :lol:

Not even PMPO for this POS would be 400w.
Its just plain rubbish.

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;379259]Not even PMPO for this POS would be 400w.
Its just plain rubbish.[/QUOTE]

Isn’t the general rule of thumb PMPO is RMS x 8 or something like that?

I could be wrong, my girlfriend alway says I am.

Depends how they rate it into also 400 into 8 Ohms / 4 Ohms / 2 Ohm ?

Plus there is a overhead of power used in the other components

400w is prob the drain on the battery when driven to chav levels with 30% distortion while damaging itself everytime it goes into a state of clipping :chuckle:

I think this sums it up well …

PMPO stands for Peak Music Power Output. There is no industry standard for PMPO so you don’t really have any way to find out what it means. PMPO in all likelyhood varies between manufactures, and was calculated by their marketing department. Meaning they picked a number that sounded really cool, then figured out a formula that would result in that number.

[QUOTE=PMM;379263]Depends how they rate it into also 400 into 8 Ohms / 4 Ohms / 2 Ohm ?

Plus there is a overhead of power used in the other components

400w is prob the drain on the battery when driven to chav levels with 30% distortion while damaging itself everytime it goes into a state of clipping :chuckle:

I think this sums it up well …[/QUOTE]

This sums it up almost as well

hahahaha, idag fick jag hem vad som nog kan vara världens ynkligaste bil slutsteg ett litet tvåkanals steg från hong kong, skulle visst vara 400w…nja, öppnade det på engång och såg att det var ett tochiba TA8210AHQ chipp i den, och det lämmnar enligt databladet 22w/kanal, så kan det gå, men jag är nöjd bara det låter lite bättre(läs högre) än ur stereon(ska ha det till mina sunk 6*9or i hatthyllan) billigt var det iaf

Not much inside :shocked: i think they confused it with milliwatts

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Koac_V3/

[edit]
Just looked at the tech doc :doubleshocked:

Forget RMS or PMPO its a 50watt IC for 2 channels

If it could do RMS it be like… 5 watts RMS per channel :eek:

Might make a nice headphone amp… /Gets coat.

[QUOTE=PMM;379270]

Might make a nice headphone amp… [/QUOTE]

SOLD to the man in the purple corduroy jacket running towards the door!

A quick search of Ebay through google shows its brimming with these things, in much the same way as a Glastonbury portaloo “brims”.

PMPO isn’t measured in Watts; it’s measured in fibs :wink:

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;379292]SOLD to the man in the purple corduroy jacket running towards the door!
[/QUOTE]

All sillyness to one side :wink: Is the whole thing aluminium and at least 6.5" by 6.5" with 2" depth.

I.e. could it sneakly house a mac mini in it ?

[QUOTE=PMM;379316]All sillyness to one side :wink: Is the whole thing aluminium and at least 6.5" by 6.5" with 2" depth.

I.e. could it sneakly house a mac mini in it ?[/QUOTE]

Nope internal dimensions 10cm x 14cm x 4cm so not even any use for that

Just taking a few photos for an Ebay advert thats probably not going to last very long
:chuckle:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Darn it is small

Good luck on the re-advertisement :wink:

/edit just seen those other adds on ebay :chuckle: love it where in one bit they quote 400watt
yet further down the page it quotes power consumption 5amp

erm… yep 13.8v * 5amp give’s erm… 400watts :chuckle: nothing wrong with my maths :wink:

Thats a damn joke.
No inverter circuit, nothing… a complete scam.

400W my arris.

Let us know when you re-advertise it on fleabay. We’ll have some fun with the questions and answers.

Sarge.

Advertised, lets see who is first to find it.

:newmon: :newmon:

Oh dear, my sides hurt after reading that - strangely my hangover has just decided to go as well, so result :thumbsup:

DT.

Lots of questions
No bids yet though, wonder why ?
:chuckle:

Very nice reading for getting home from work. Another piece of comedy art there good sir. :nod:

I can’t believe how many of them are out there. Scary!! :eek: