Advert?

why not have someone else design the website ?

im guessing that you DT are doing all the background work here… and with the stattomatic being a big project would it not be a better idea to hand out little jobs that could be done by other members ?

as we are a Team and well every member helps type of thing ?

You voulanteering?

Personnally I don’t see a need to push efforts into something that could be discarded anyway when efforts are better focused else where.

TPR is the forums, we’re reference by the forum name and anything in google points to the forums TBH I don’t see a front page revamp doing much for us without other priorities being completed 1st.

IF it gets updated it will stay the same for another 4 years.

Were a community not a website, plus we’ve had all the discussion before
including running a dedicated hardware site.

All idea’s people push but when it comes to the crunch everyone evaporates
and the idea’s die a death.

I think people should allow the stat’s work to progress 1st and once that’s
resolved … maybe fire some life back into some good old classic drag races
put some passion back into TPR then allow odds and sods to follow.

My view and 2€

yes im fully velenteering… I cant see how past talkings and what not need to keep tpr going the way it did…

I dont know about other but I think yes tpr WAS forums only but why not get the stattomatic to be on our homepage ? or a subpage on our homepage ? I personnaly cant see the harm simple pages to get more people in and for them to actually be informed of what we do rather than have to read ( as I said before a very danting for first timers forum ) but again only my 2p

I think that the point being made is that there is absolutely no point in revamping the ‘homepage’ until we know what the statomatic will eventually look like/produce etc and there is no point at all in designing a glossy cover when we have not got the contents right.

Whilst I have nothing against you coming up with ideas, one mandatory feature of any home page will be that it will have no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.

That I totally agree with, when the need calls I think my grammer is good.

grammar

Well it was obvious that I would make a spelling mistake, guess i’ll sit back and let the gods do all the work. Wont offer help again!

:smiley:

Good Day :slight_smile:

too funny :smiley:

Also MC can you see any of your input in anyway going to further tpr ? except for your initiall post it seems your using this thread for banter :nono:

oh noes…

Look, for the record, bin can indeed spell perfectly fine when it is required, as can most ppl. its not a specail skill. He is just too busy thinking about more important and worldly things when browsing the forums than if that word has a silent e or not, ok :smiley:

While I may not be able to design a Web page, I can spell and my grammar is also reasonable. Therefore, I volunteer my erstwhile services to spellcheck Bins’ work if needs be.

True TPR, going heavily off topic. :Offtopic:

If anyone wishes to have a go at a TPR homepage, they are more than welcome. Knock up a “theme” design and put it on your webspace. I’ll then view and maybe use some of your ideas for inspiration, but highly unlikely that your code would be used, so don’t try to design a full site, I wouldn’t want you to get upset at being told no :nono:

Layout, colours and suggestions of that type are very welcome. As PMM said, we are a community, stick to that, it is highly unlikely that the site will be changed on a regular basis.

DT.

Having seen certain efforts at web developement…
I think I can rightly say that he would be out of his depth
anyway unless he’s advanced 2000% since his posts of Novemeber
last year.

His own website is a blank page… the school thing he did is still a ‘under construction page’.

Knocking something up in dreamweaver is not really going to cut the mustard
so to speak.

No offence intended…

/edit… Alway’s somebody get a post in before me :chuckle: :wink:

As DT say’s feel free to offer up design’s, show us what you can come up with
and you never know.

His own website is a blank page… the school thing he did is still a ‘under construction page’.

first of all http://www.designco.6x.to/ is my website as you can see its being redoveloped, Also as I am not the webmaster of the school website I do not have to change anything on that site…

Ive made 2 websites payed jobs that will go up as soon as the customers upload them,

I cant see what amazing advances tpr’s website should have a simple website with information about the team with guides, I cant see what amazing things that will be done with it… but like I said knock yerselves out :slight_smile:

Sorry but your lack of basic english skills is really narking me off, please could you at least learn how to spell before you attempt another post with more than 1 word. I know it’s hard for you, but nice people have created things such as spellcheckers so even simpletons can spell their words right!
I pity the poor people who have given you money for developing a website, although if they haven’t yet uploaded them I can fully understand why.

Have we really decended into a bunch of grammer nazis?

Cmon ppl that :censored: is for all the other childish forums out there, NOT here. Speedo i find you comments towards my m8 unnecessarily venomous, and you know full well that he will take offence to it.

So whyd you post it?

Lets do this shall we:

Narking: not a word, learn english
Using 1 instead of one: Incorrent, first thing they teach in comp, learn english

Now, wasnt that childish and trollish? yes, so cut it the :censored: out.

Bin is a capable and competant person, and tbh if you cant parse a word that has one letter out of place here and there then i wonder who the simpleton really is.