American Pie

I made it to the Notts County football club’s web site!

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,10426,00.html

After placing an order for their home shirt, the press officer wanted to feature me in their “Faraway Fans” section and so we conducted an interview by e-mail.

Here’s the specific article link --> American Pie

Very excited! :smiley:

awesome !!!

When you do make it over here to watch a game, be sure to let me know :lol: Not sure if I can stomach it being a Notts home game though, being from neighbours and rivals Leicester :smiley:

DT.

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;456492]awesome !!!

When you do make it over here to watch a game, be sure to let me know :lol: Not sure if I can stomach it being a Notts home game though, being from neighbours and rivals Leicester :smiley:

DT.[/QUOTE]

Someday…someday. I have never been across the pond. Time isn’t right at this point with 4 little ones under age 10 and the lack of finances that go along with it. :chuckle:

I’m young enough, still…so one day I’ll get there. Definitely another stop to make now. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Brooklyn74;456491]I made it to the Notts County football club’s web site!

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,10426,00.html

After placing an order for their home shirt, the press officer wanted to feature me in their “Faraway Fans” section and so we conducted an interview by e-mail.

Here’s the specific article link --> American Pie

Very excited! :D[/QUOTE]

One question… Why Notts County???

I just typed up a long response and, for some reason, lost it when I tried to post. Long story short - it’s refreshing to follow a team that isn’t in the top flight of its sport and has some challenges beyond just winning their championship like it is with US sports teams.

I still enjoy the EPL, mind you, but League One is certainly refreshing to watch and follow. :slight_smile:

Me… I’m an Accrington Stanley Fan… :tiphat:

so how do you feel about Paul Ince as your new manager?

DT.

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;456598]so how do you feel about Paul Ince as your new manager?

DT.[/QUOTE]

Good question. I was very surprised at Craig Short being dismissed. Based on the interviews I’ve seen with him off of the team site and all, he came across as a good manager. I know the team has been kind of hot-cold in its fixtures this season, but the guy just guided the team to promotion! Doesn’t seem like he got a fair shake, but I know I’m not clued in on all of the goings-on.

Read up on Ince’s bio and he seems like he’s had some good success in other managing stints and was a good player back in his day as well.

Saw some people commenting on him negatively in the days leading up to the announcement, but I’m not sure what that’s all about.

In the end, I’m OK with the hiring, unless something that I don’t know about him comes to light for me. :slight_smile: