Anyone notice this?

I have noticed my average steadily slipping downwards. There has been no operating changes on my end (same computer, same Boinc program etc. etc.).

My pending credit has remained approximately the same.

Kenn

Funny you mention it because I have. My home PC is a Q6700 which is teetering at around 1600 average and my work PC is a Q6600 which is running over 3000 average.

My average is slipping upwards :nod: guess i’ve not been crunching long enough to see any downward movement.

G

I’ve recently fitted a new motherboard, but used my old E6600, after a couple of months gap, and it’s climbed nicely upwards. (shrug)

Figured it out, it was a duff 2GB stick of transcend ram that was holding the CPU core speed back for some reason. CPU was running at 1800mhz even when under load and the benchies in Seti were terrible 1500 and 2300:eek: Back to 2500 and 5500 now, should double my output for this machine.

All is well in lala land now.

Hmmm, every single one of my Q6600’s is running at 1600 instead of 2400

They’re all on the G31 gigabyte board. Can anyone give any advice?

[QUOTE=JUGGY;431107]Hmmm, every single one of my Q6600’s is running at 1600 instead of 2400

They’re all on the G31 gigabyte board. Can anyone give any advice?[/QUOTE]

Are they being throttled due to temperature?

G

[QUOTE=Gandelf;431108]Are they being throttled due to temperature?

G[/QUOTE]

They shoudn’t be, they’re running around 60 degrees celcius and in Gigabyte Triton chassis which are pretty good.

mines slipping, for months now I’ve had two machines that are identical on 24/7 in a business environment, both at about 1200 rac.

Both machines are now the wrong side of 900rac and they’ve not been turned off at all over the holidays :shrug:

DT.