Anyone Tried Ubuntu Studio?

I’m asking cos I’m looking at it for a couple of projects I’d like to run, I’m a KDE fan in some ways for it’s window controls which I found lacking in Gnome some years ago, has it changed? E.G does it shade windows now?

I’m also using Lyricue and wondered if there were any others of similar worth trying that work on the Gnome plateau.
Another one that I like the simplicity of is Mixxx but I’m confident they’ll be something in Studio to do the same job!

Also Sheffy’s looking for a linux possible media center and I may end up helping from time to time as a preferred linux user. Might get my head around it all one day - lol

Confession: I’ve been somewhat preoccupied of late and not read as much here I would of liked with one thing and another, so I apologise for seeming distant where once I stuck my in, and read eagerly. Enjoy the D@H posts!

Can’t help with Ubuntu Studio, haven’t used it. For a Linux Media Centre the popular choice seems to be Myth TV or its variants (Mythbuntu etc) but check proposed hardware for compatibility (Tv/Video cards etc) or nightmares will ensue. Am planning a MythTV box myself so will write it up as/when I get round to it.