Apples New OS Update - Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard vid look-see BBC link

Service Pack ?

Actually no, eliminate support for Power PC based Mac, souped up interface, performance improvements.

one thing they have got right then :smiley:

Oh, and £25 upgrade is pretty damn nice as well - I’ll update my Macbook pro if/when I get a salary this month :frowning: :cry:

DT.

I’ve just been reading a review of this… never thought I would say it but I’m very tempted to replace my laptop with a Macbook Pro, the whole package really does look very good!

you all are Mac expert. i have old iMac.

PowerPC G3 500mhz
256 sdram
Mac os x 9.1 croatian
AGP aty regePro2

i can’t find memory fot that iMac… but…
can i put Mac OS 10.4. on that iMac?

Apple OS’s might continue to get leaner and meaner with each update but with the very limited resources that you posted I would think the answer to be a resounding NO

If your happy enough and it ain’t broke, then don’t fix it.

i’m happy for now… true is i can’t play ogame with him. can’t run firefox on os 9.1, wireless connection don’t work on 9.1 …
i think i must get new apple :smiley:

tnx for answer

It is the best thing I ever did. No PC crapola around here anymore, even the kids have a core2 Duo Mac Mini I sniped off eBay for cheap.

Even better 5 pack upgrade only $49. Gates is an idiot. NO screwing with you on hardware upgrades, Virus scanners, and all that PC pain. My family PC support went from a few days a Month to nada!

M$ better get a clue, while it cost a bit more for a MAC it is well deserved, and with the latest bootloader on a USB stick goodies floating around lots of PCs are going to be OSX.

[QUOTE=Sasha;444643]you all are Mac expert. i have old iMac.

PowerPC G3 500mhz
256 sdram
Mac os x 9.1 croatian
AGP aty regePro2

i can’t find memory fot that iMac… but…
can i put Mac OS 10.4. on that iMac?[/QUOTE]

Is it also called an iMAC DV ?
I have one here but it also has 256Mb.
Maximum stick size is 512Mb and there are only two slots, Thanks for that Apple :frowning:

The memory in mine is PC-100 and you can still buy this but somebody may have a few dusty sticks in the leftover parts box.
PC-133 should also work.

yes iMac DV. i see on google when i got it :slight_smile:

i try with pc-133 but no work :frowning: i will try to put OS X tomorow or next week.