Assistance please

Because the dedicated was (and still isn’t) available before the hosting from Muppet was being finished.

Next time rather than spending the day optimising the database and moving servers, I’ll just let it all shut down for a week :Poke:

DT.

I’d rather see two well co-ordinated moves, rather than aweeks of down time. If the first move is anything to go by then the second should go equally as smooth and with out problem :slight_smile:

I’m with preecey and say again, good work DT and everyone else involved :slight_smile:

Well maybe its because in reality the good chaps behind the scene’s have a greater grip on reality :wink: dealing with a short notice requirement to move host with TPR best’s interests at heart who know what they want and the best actions required to get that in the long term.

We are not going dump TPR anywhere on cheapo hosting :nono: , Muppet provided a very good service at a very good price and was very pro-active in maintaining TPR uptime a lot of thanks should be given Muppet for hosting us so well over the years… more so being a TPR bod. :cheers:

As said we shall have dedicated hosting (We did not have that before) and TPR will shift away from a co-hosted(Shared) to a service that normally come’s at quite a cost £££££ and will allow for future plans with minimal fuss.

Alot of people have made something very special occur and TBH those people are absolute stars in my book :trophy:

Perhaps the chaps behind the scenes had all the facts? The rest of us didn’t, and I also wondered why there were two moves. Thanks for explaining that.

And thanks to Muppet for the excellent hosting he has provided in the past.

Cheers for explaining guys :thumbsup:

You know when you have those times where so much plonks at your door you want to find a small corner ? I’ve just had two weeks of it :lol:
Firstly, Muppet advised me that he is moving away from the hosting side of his business to focus on other projects. Then comes myself sorting out the new offices and the dedicated rackspace for work use in my new job… at one point I thought the jigsaw would fit nicely, but unfortunately the dedicated rackspace didn’t make it in time for what we really wanted to acheive :frowning: It has been confirmed this afternoon that I will be putting the first two boxes into a datacentre Friday afternoon :smiley: In amongst this I was sorting out kitting out and making the offices functional with a $30k proof of concept that also fell at my feet for delivery :eek:
Then on a personal note, a few important accounts for me personally on hosting went a bit belly up. So to throw more into the confusion I now have a managed dedicated hosting server from 123-reg. I’m asessing and benchmarking that server for use for TPR if the works space looks like the jigsaw won’t fit. Basically, it has been agreed I can put in a machine for TPR, BUT there has to be NO paper trail, it doesn’t exist. Although the TPR short-term would be great, I’m not sure of the longevity and won’t be able to make a reasoned decision until COB on Friday. With the server from 123-reg, at least I can give better access to others on TPR rather than being just me with the works server for security reasons.

agreed :agree: and many thanks go to Barry for the temp home :thumbsup: and for putting up with me stressing on the move day when things didn’t quite go to plan - but at least they went :driving:

I’m a little less stressed today, my 3u 3800 vo-ip server turns up tomorrow, my IMac 2Ghz 20" Core Duo turned up today along with the 23" tft, work is finally starting to get kitted out properly rather than using kit from my house (and my farm :cry: :wink: )

Malk.