Assistance please

As PMM has posted, the forums will be moving to a new host over this weekend. To assist with this it would be greatly appreciated if we can go some way to making this a quicker process.

One of these would be if people could please try to empty the Private Messages they have stored. I’m not asking for a complete emptying, but the smaller the database is the quicker the forums move will be.

As a certain supermarket used to say - every little helps :slight_smile:

DT.

Done :slight_smile:

Me too :thumbsup:

Empty here as well :thumbsup:

Is this thread a spamming opportunity or would that increase the database size :smiley: :frowning:

:spammed: :lol:

DT.

After exterminating my PM’s I should be able to :spammed:

all gone :smiley:

Is that it then ?

Have we been relocated ?

Having a few problems with pages failing to finish loading, might be just me though.

I haven’t had that prob TFW but don’t know if others have. If anything my pages actually load a lot quicker now :shrug:

first stage is done, we are on a server provided by Barry at the moment and next weekend or late when evening after I’ve had a few beers it’ll move to a dedicated server :xfinger:

DT.

After a bit of poking around from a different network it seems to be some bloody smartypants proxy cache thing getting in the way.
Pages load fully from another network.

Oh well, its just me then
:slight_smile:

Personally finding it a bit quicker on here too :slight_smile:

Good work anyways mangement type people :nod:

Me too… and I live on another continent :wink:

current hosts are on your continent fenix :slight_smile:

DT.

much quicker here.

Much quicker from here too, back in good ol South Africa.

When I say much quicker I mean about 3 times as fast:eek:

… I often can’t use the preview post option (doesn’t load the page right)

and can’t access the smiley page (won’t load either)

Maybe I too am suffering from a proxy issue … oh well, if the greater majority are happy :sigh:

its moving a little faster here, but its occasionally doing something weird with quick replies - it seems to display a preview then hangs.

why move to temp hosting ? rather than just go straight to the dedicated ?? :sigh:

just causes more problems than it should…:furious: