Better, but not quite there yet

So thanks to eBay, I now have a spare that is closer to the same size as the other tyres as the alloy that was on the spare bracket, but still not quite there.

Nabbed four more 15" steel wheels for Ruby, two with tyres and I wasn’t expecting much from them tbh, but 4mm tread is an added bonus on the one I’ve just put as the spare. Still a 4% difference between the 195/80/R15 spare and the 215/80R15, but better by some margin than the 6.3% I would have broken the diff with if I had been unlucky.

In time, I think that I shall get one of the two spare wheels without rubber on them to be the same, but for now, this’ll do.

The alloys, my “summer” set 17’s 225/55 have not been on the car in two years now. There’s a current ebay auction for tyres with less tread than mine have and it has a while to go and is at £300 !! That could pay for the bits I’ve had done this year, and some more underbody protection …

Next purchase however …

//youtu.be/b9XAC-BvUyo
and some external speakers :chuckle:

DT.

Oh yes, I’m loving that “audible rev counter”

Wheels - yes there’s a lot of rubbish about alloys these days, many of them weigh more than the equivalent steel wheel and are a deal more fragile as well. Good plan to realise some capital :wink:

black circle had the exact make of tyre I already have on special offer :woot: so that’s booked for fitting on Tuesday :smiley:

DT.