BOINC Combined Stomp Warning

8th place is to be mine - mwuhahahahhaaaaaa

Good job DT :slight_smile:

mackerel - you’re on the radar now …

I just found a stats site, and do believe I have been stomped. More surprising, I’m getting credit from somewhere… I know I’m not active on PC at the moment, and the only other thing running is my work mobile phone. I thought I had moved to another team to get a forum badge, so who knows where that is going. Certainly can’t find it on phone interface.

In pretty much summer shutdown mode anyway, although that might reverse as I hear coin mining is effective on GPUs once more. Have just set up one test system this morning, with an estimated revenue of US$4.7/day for a 980Ti, so that will also offset electricity costs.

[QUOTE=mackerel;467963]I just found a stats site, and do believe I have been stomped. More surprising, I’m getting credit from somewhere… I know I’m not active on PC at the moment, and the only other thing running is my work mobile phone. I thought I had moved to another team to get a forum badge, so who knows where that is going. Certainly can’t find it on phone interface.

In pretty much summer shutdown mode anyway, although that might reverse as I hear coin mining is effective on GPUs once more. Have just set up one test system this morning, with an estimated revenue of US$4.7/day for a 980Ti, so that will also offset electricity costs.[/QUOTE]

Well, according to Free-DC you’ve got 9 active hosts running Primegrid…

Ethereum has caused GPU crunching to be profitable again

Up to this morning, I had 9 PCs totalling 64 cores (not threads) running on a PrimeGrid challenge. My main desktop might still be running it as I don’t turn it off, but the rest have been switched off.

Unless you have a bunch of modern nvidia cards. Going through nicehash which picks the most profitable work for the hardware, on the 980Ti it is mostly doing equihash tasks (Zcash). For pure miners the ROI of AMD RX series is hard to beat leading them to be pretty much out of stock everywhere now. Bonus points if anyone can locate a 470/480/570/580 that is in stock at a sane price. I’m just dabbling with this since I already have the hardware.