BOINC Pentathlon

Dear members of Team Phoenix Rising, :tiphat:

From the 5th to 19th May 2010 SETI.Germany is arranging a completely new competition: the BOINC Pentathlon. This new cross-project competition is inspired by the Pentathlon of the ancient world.

Like in the ancient Greece we’ll also perform this BOINC Pentathlon by running 5 different disciplines. This means within 2 weeks the participants will need to crunch 5 different projects, each for 5 days.

Each team that wants to participate in the BOINC Pentathlon needs to sign up here (possible until 1st of May).

More information regarding the BOINC Pentathlon can be found here.

Your participation is very much appreciated. :trophy:
crille

For clarity, five (presumably pre-nominated) projects only, for exactly five days each?

Hi Mojo!

Yes, you’re right:

The BOINC Pentathlon will start on 5th of May 2010 and will end on 19th of May 2010 – so it will run for two consecutive weeks.

Every discipline will run for 5 days and is going to be announced a week before it will start via Blog (Feed , Twitter , Facebook ) - therefore no team will know the entire sequence of the Pentathlon right from the beginning!

The different disciplines may be performed in a row or simultaneously.

Hi Crille

Well I don’t speak for the team in any way, but I’m sorry I won’t be taking part. I like to pick and choose my own projects, and having 20+ boxes with a six day cache means I’d be having a logistical nightmare to make them run as described.

Best of luck with it, nice to see a new “race” idea to encourage a bit of team competition :thumbsup:

likewise for me here, I think it could hurt some projects with short deadlines as that could result in 15days of a project being suspended on a machine.

Far too much admin involved to sort out my hosts to do such a competition, I do admire the idea though :slight_smile:

DT.

Going with the crowd here myself…
I feel like we’re in a personal war with those beer gulping, Lederhosen wearing, barbarians know as “Planet 3DNow.”
They already have to throw 100’s of members at us to stay just a tad ahead in Docking.
Certainly they would love for us to spread out a little bit.

But like the rest, admire the idea and wish you much success.
Heidi-Ann

Barbarians or bavarians?!? :wink:

Well, Planet 3DNow will participate in the Pentathlon, too. The Pentathlon will be a good opportunity to show Planet3DNow, who the boss is :slight_smile: :catfight: :wink:

Bavarian barbarians:D
“Who’s the Boss” isn’t that an old TV show that faded with no glory:)
(other the Alyssa Milano:devil:)
Hmm seems to fit:catfight:

[QUOTE=Vortex;450873]
I feel like we’re in a personal war with those beer gulping, Lederhosen wearing, barbarians know as “Planet 3DNow.”[/QUOTE]
That seems we would be enemies… hey, dear :whip: Heidi-Ann, in fakt we’re quite friendly crunchers with a lot of fun and competition in several projects… :smiley:

They already have to throw 100’s of members at us to stay just a tad ahead in Docking.

P3DN is just doing whats nessessary to hold a common-sense distance (oops… sometime it’s not easy to find the right english words… hope that’s the correct one - I think I never used that)

That would be mean that all Germans are Bavarians - and the rest are Barbarians too… oh no… thats not correct… the best of Germany is (and is in) Bavaria :trophy:… ok… :smiley:
but there are a lot of further crunchers in the rest of Germany… and sometimes they’re no fans from Bavarians… In fact, there are 16 federal states in Germany. And Bavaria is (of course) imho the best one… everyone in Bavaria would confirm that :thumbsup: - the rest of Germany isn’t representative and would have an other opinion…
Planet3DNow! is a group of crunchers all over Germany and at least one US-cruncher from Texas… the heart of P3DN indeed is truly in Bavaria, named Nero24 and is near Regensburg.

So… what else is to say? :cheers: to the TPR-Docking-Group… :tiphat:

Oh dear one… have you forgot I was raised in Idar-Oberstein, and German was my first language.