Captcha's

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for Php Captcha’s scripts

** Please no googling :wink:

I want genuine honest responses off anyone in the know who can highly recommend a particular type of script.

There are plenty of simple Captcha scripts I could go with, but after having a read of methods used to read them …I am anchoring for something more 2008/9 in its coding rather than donkeys years old.

Had seen something the other night but lost its webs address and I don’t cache history/pages on my netbook :frowning:

Thx in advanced :slight_smile:

http://www.tricerion.com/demos/smart/index.php

but then I would say that as it was my invention :lol: Once I get my budgets sorted, I’ll be offering that as a FREE hosted solution. Going to be a little while though :frowning:

DT.

Funnily just been watching a video on Human Computation

And part of that was describing aspects of an image

e.g. for the picture below (Assume that the text is not there)
… Camera / Girl / photo / picture / lens / Green / brown / hair / ring / flash

And associate those tags

whole set of random images with associated tags looks an interesting easy implementation on a concept.

End of the day only interested is thwarting a casual bot - TBH my intended purpose is not really going to attract the serious crackers.

Nothing better than a good old play :slight_smile:

Took a script… and modded it had much fun :slight_smile:

I must admit its pretty visually but it creates some stinkers sometime :smiley: a good dollop of randomness :slight_smile:

It used before just straight lines and an easy font and some random dot noise you could not even make out very easy for an automated system to decode.

wow - some of those it’s producing are horrible!!

I’ve had a couple of ‘user feedback’ reports from a large USA real estate business, they implemented traditional captcha on the contact us form as they were being bot-hit. Customer call centre had to get extra temp staff in to cope as people called instead of using the form. Shocking :eek:

DT.

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;433518]wow - some of those it’s producing are horrible!!
DT.[/QUOTE]

I did say it produced some stinkers :smiley:

I am sure I will use a different font TBH but I am just having such a laugh with adding new code for the background rendering :slight_smile:

//Edit… I think I might stick with that now… stripped some hard characters out like j & g and added £ & ?
anyone who can’t read it does not deserve to proceed past the captcha :lol: