the note is a grande modus i believe, the modus shares its chassis with the clio’s. i did all sorts of research first and this one i believe you have to blame the spanish for, it’s potential is brilliant yet it lived up to about 10% of it with its naff engine, to summarise for the googlebots.
renault modus 1.5 dci 86bhp
- low tax bracket - well it couldn’t go wrong here £30 a year.
- practicality - 5 doors, loads of room even if you do have to choose between the boot and leg room for rear passengers.
- the joys of driving a small car - nippy, nimble and easy to park for the mrs. felt spacious on the inside with the added height.
- colour - ours was purple :ghey: made it easy to find.
- 60+ mpg advertised - i never got over 45 mpg
- maintenance - nearly an hour to change a headlight bulb with removing the front bumper… who’s idea was that!
- reliability - i don’t believe renault know the meaning of the word. owned for 1 year and it has not been warning light free despite approx 15 trips to renault and other garages.
- cost of repairs - high as such a compact arrangement to utilise the space that it’s a pain to do anything to and very difficult to find any details on.
i have someone looking into costs of fixing through friends/family who has an interest in buying so :xfinger:
now i can see why you are looking at double the cost for better brand cars of the same size/spec,
oh and why did i buy renault, false sense of security… the 19 year old renault 5 i have is still going strong, and passed its last MOT with only a couple of advisory notes.