Check your Docking WUs

Today I’ve seen a couple of work units that showed 0% completion after 4 hours. I aborted them. Its a shame their software appears to go into an endless loop. (This was on a Linux box …haven’t seen it on Windows ® yet.)

It is annoying Tom, but as you say it must be a Linux thing as I’ve not had any bad Windows WUs for ages.

I seem to be doing ok… running all on Windows though.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I have a localized problem. I’ll reboot the box and see if it makes a difference.

I had quite a lot of compute errors so stopped crunching Docking units a couple of days ago…

There has been mention of this new 0% problem on the Docking forums. Hopefully the Project Team will pick up on it.

Hope they fix it soon… My 1055T is only 10K short of 3rd overall in Host total credit for Docking. :smiley:

Downloaded some WU today and they were still exhibiting the 0% problem despite a message board post saying they had solved the problem :furious:

Last night (after rebooting didn’t help, and reading the docking forums), I noted that for my I7 processor running Fedora, a “good” work unit showed progress of 1% after 18 seconds. I decided to pre-qualify my work units by suspending the ones that were running, and letting BOINC start crunching a new work units. If the new work uints didn’t show 1% complete after 2 minutes, I aborted them.

After I did the above paragraph for all of the work units that I could download (without changing my settings), I selected all of the suspended work units and clicked the “resume” button. That gave me enough wu’s to run for the remainder of the night.

I also had a few of the corrupt wu’s even after the problem was “fixed” - this seems to be a recurring problem with docking - smacks of carelessness, or couldn’t care less.

One of the reasons I enjoy crunching GPUGRID is that the project team are quick to react to problems.

Docking units have been problematical for over a week now, first with a large percentage of compute errors and now work units that don’t run… :frowning:

Had quite a few with computation errors for the last week or two. Checked this morning and have a couple of WUs stuck at 0%

I think I’ve got some stuck now as well, but shan’t be near the machines in question for a few days yet. I’m thinking of just switching off now it’s been such a long time since I’ve just been able to leave machines to crunch without needing any maintenance

This sounds like a nice enhancement to the BOINC preferences…

…abort a work unit when it is still showing 0% after “n” number of minutes.

If we made our own watch-dog, and were able to kill the process in question (and then delete the work unit file), BOINC might move to the next available wu. I don’t know if that would do the trick. Let’s face it, we’re not getting credit for a stuck work unit (…prior to editing, it was “suck work unit”… which oddly enough has a similar enough meaning in this context).

We just need to tell BOINC: “move along, these aren’t the droids we’re looking for…”

It looks like they got it sorted out…

Abort 0% progress
October 11, 2012 13:11 EST

Due to the problem with the space in D@H some workunits were sent with an incomplete input file and are not progressing. Please abort workunits with 0% progress. We are so sorry for the inconvenience!!

in the office tomorrow, looking at numbers two rigs are stuck :frowning:

Looking at my numbers I think im also a little clogged up in places :confused:

edit/

Checked the Machines and I would say 50% where being hit with issues… Reset project as there was no way I was going to sit there and wait to see which ones failed and which ones didnt…

Should there not be some sort of system where the project can notify on next update and tell BOINC to ignore certain WU’s…

Looks like my 1055T has got some good WU’s again…3rd placed host here I come!!!

Haven’t downloaded any more WU’s yet but this bunch looking good… 121 units crunched but 7 had compute errors on my 1090T which I had been tweaking… been trying to see how far I could drop the core voltage and still run it at 3.75GHz. Have upped it a notch to see if the errors stop.

Got two WUs today that resulted in computational errors after actually spending time crunching (3+ and 1+ hours). Windows 7 box.

Oops - all mine were clogged. Unclogged now… SHEEPY… :smiley:

Butuz

Im all unclogged… :smiley: all my machines get shutdown at certain times and im only running them when they are in use :wink: so weekends tend to be a dry spell :frowning: