Covid crunching

Both Rosetta and WCG are now in the fight against COVID-19… Anybody else fancy devoting some of their CPU power to the cause?

I’m running Rosetta as part of the BOINC Pentathlon for another team. The WCG announcement was more recent, and will be something to look at after the Pentathlon.

With Folding, Rosetta and WCG all doing something towards covid, I do wonder what the differences are between each. Rosetta seem pretty silent as a project which isn’t helpful.

I was moving hosting around and as part of that had to migrate a load of emails, so also picked up on the WCG and given the fact that Folding servers can’t keep up with the contributors, I may switch soon.

DT.

For anyone that’s interested… WCG is now sending out COVID workunits that run on GPU’s

Remember the pesky Knigits from the Docking@Home days… well we should be stomping them soon in WCG… :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

now there’s a memory of frivolous behaviour

Well TPR managed to sneak past them without them noticing!!!

Just out of curiosity I looked up what my very “Best” graphics card could contribute.
Then I found out that although NVidia Quadro sounds good the product (K2200) is a 2014 bit of kit and not really much of a player today.
It also has Display ports and I dont have any display port cables

If a chap had say a £200 budget for a cruncher would it be worth pulling one together that might be worth upgrading in six months when a faster GPU dropped in price ?

Never been one for spending big bucks on cards for crunching… My 3 crunchers have got GTX1050Ti and GTX1060’s in them… I’m happy enough with their output