Crunching Forums

I personally can’t believe that it’s been three days since the new forums and not a single post :Poke: :bondage:

OK, this has been discussed by the moderator team and the best we came up with follows

“All TPR members are equal, the man with 1,000,000 boinc credits is worth the same as the one with 5credits.”
“TPR is ran by the team, for the team.”
“We came for Seti, we stay for TPR”

We started as crunchers, yet since the dilution of power in crunching with the advent of the Boinc platform the focus has moved. So, cue the new forums (:wave: to forums :cuckoo: ) The mod and admin team spent a lot of time sorting through the posts to put them into project areas, and the outputs of each project were also taken into account.

So simply, the forums top to bottom in DC are in order of TPR current “appearance”. Now what ?? Well, project leaders, moderators, team leaders, fanatics, crazy crunchers, call them what you will :lol: Each forum needs a driver, in some possibly more than one, but the “team is ran for the team by the team” - so which ones we decide as a team. Key jobs, stickies relevancy, news posts, team races, pimping efforts - you get the picture.

We have evolved, as our logo says, so has distributed computing, Boinc has diluted the power between many projects, but DC is in more homes than ever before. That is brilliant in my opinion :clap: Mid September I shall be taking holiday from work to go to a Boinc workshop in Geneva, where many of the key players of the Boinc world will be. I personally want to influence Boinc and the future of the crunching power that can be utilised with a good DC platform. I’ll be wearing my TPR t-shirts and fleece with pride :smiley:

Let’s get some :stomp: :stomp: :stomp: action !!!

DT.

I think a Focusing of TPR’s crunchng power into current live projects to help take us to the top will help us

Get as high as possible in projects
Increase our profile and help us influence dc changes
Get more interaction between both tpr members and other teams :slight_smile:

I dont think forcing people to crunch only what tpr crunch, but a little suggestion doesnt hurt :slight_smile:
I would like to offer my help with the folding forum :slight_smile:

Sounds great, and I love the new forum layout! :thumbsup:

IMO our best efforts are when we focus on a single goal for a month and have people work towards that. The folding race a few months back was an excellent example of this.

That being said everyone has their own favorite projects that they run (I have machines that only fold for example). It would be good to see a well organized strategy for each months efforts so people can look forward to it and plan for it.

Furthermore I offer myself as a “Folding expert” of sorts… I can answer questions, rally newcomers and help out with the folding news if Curly would like a break every now and again. Just PM me and tell me what you need.

Great to see the forums back and better than ever! Have fun at the Boinc workshop DT! Don’t forget to recruit new members while there :wink:

Cheers all!

the folding three :lol:
Preecey, Curly and Fenix25

may I put forward Endre and P51 Mustang for seti, Nightlord for Rosetta, of course if they wish to have such a role.

DT.

Funny this, i thought the new forum setup was due to moving the database and did not comment.

Though a little strange at first, the new setup has grown on me and I now really like it.

If I can contribute in any way i would be honoured to do so.

I love the new setup! Great job guys :thumbsup:

I’m also guilty of not commenting sooner, but I’m so used to change that I just accepted it, hit “new posts” like I usually do, and moved on. I have noticed that the forums are now faster. Nicely done!

Well, if you want me to help with Seti, I can. Just been doing the news updates because it seems others have been slipping in that regards. I mean, most of you are 6 hours ahead of me time wise, but by the time I get in to work in the morning (1-2 pm UK time) the news hasn’t been done yet, so I’ve done it. That and I’ve had about 3 or 4 stomps not get reported because no one has been doing the news.

Its very much appreciated P51 Mustang. I read it every day!

it’s all gone quiet said Rhubarb…

:chin:

DT.

Too quiet IMO :slight_smile:

ok
I’ll admit it I didnt even notice the reshuffle but I do only look for thr thread titles for inspiration to read DC related posts.
Usually Curlys tireless reporting of the folding news just to make sure Nightlord stays stomped :Poke:

I like the new format, especially since I can now see it all :cool:

It always pays to keep looking over your shoulder :wink:

or to put it another way: trying to :Poke: The Nightlord is like pulling on a brick with an elastic band. You keep on pulling and pulling but nothing happens. Then all of a sudden … :scared:

The elastic band snaps because the energy to overcome the brick’s weight far exceeds the the energy the elastic band can take and thus the elastic band reaches it’s elastic limit and deforms plastically with a SNAP!:trophy:

:ghey: