DLink Powerline AV Network Starter Kit DP-307AV

My sister had issues with her 3 dongle and the wifi connection to her room was pretty poor, so instead of cabling through the house I decided on a DLink adaptor as the simplest solution.

Very nice looking product, simple to set up and works straight of the box virtually. Easy to set up a password for net security just in case and excellent speed of around 100mbps dropping down to only around 87mbps when plugged in a non surge-protected 4-gang socket. Cost a bit, but well worth the expense for the simple operation and set up.

Only thing to note if you are buying one of these and want to set up a password is to disconnect both devices from your router first as it tries to change the password on the router as well and falls over. Other than that pretty painless setup :slight_smile:

I went over to the powerline method about a year ago, excellent performance, especially compared to the wifi from hell. (now if i could only get a decent connection speed out of the BT copper wire circa 1920, things would be great)

:lol: Know the feeling Walter :smiley:

/me strokes my fibre optic’s :smiley:

/me then sulks at only having wifi N and no powerline adapters :frowning: