Do a lot of you run linux?

Do a lot of you guys run linux? I run Fedora Core 6 although I’m still
relatively new to it. I took out a bunch of linux books from the library.
They didn’t have the book I wanted however I decided to read A Practical
Guide to Linux (Commands, Editors, and Shell Programing)
by Mark
G. Sobell. Have you herd of it?

res

not heard of the book ,but yes a serious nix user, gentoo is my dist of main usage.

If you need any help or have any questions just fire away :slight_smile:

DT.

ubuntu for the win here

Yeah I’m a big linux fan. Ubuntu also my distribution of choice.

Only book I have on Linux is Linux for Dummies Desktop Reference. That is very helpful, even now.

Using FC4 and 6 at home and my main desktop system at work is FC 5.

I do of course have MS systems as well but thats just to have the best tool for the job available.
Going to update my RHCE at the end of this year

Suse 10.2, Fedora Core 5, and Ubuntu 5… stuff to play with since I’m just a casual *nix user.

Main rig Distro is Suse 10.3 but have a mixture on my crunchers FC5 and 6 , Ubuntu ( ‘Breezy’ and ‘Feisty’ ) got Ubuntu 7.10 to play with this weekend .

very casual user of Ubuntu 7.10 mainly used for folding

Curly

casual ubuntu user at home
nerdcore solaris user at work :smiley:

Casual user. And I mean very casual… never found one that does what I want… and as my main rig makes me money I dont have enough time to ‘test’ new software…

maybe when work slows down ill give Ubuntu another go…

Awesome!

What is it that you do to make money on your main comp, if you don’t mind me asking?

res

when i get my 2nd rig running i will be putting ubuntu on an emulator partition, but not used it yet.

Fedora, Fedora, Fedora all the way. About a dozen and a half of them :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=res.;397688]Awesome!

What is it that you do to make money on your main comp, if you don’t mind me asking?

res[/QUOTE]

Recently made a lot of money doing Wedding DVD’s and also been remaking some old Videos into DVD’s…again mostly old wedding Videos into DVD’s…