Docking is ending on MAY 23, 2014 ------WOW

It appears as though the overlords in charge of Docking have reacted to WU demand and have increased the amount of WU’s available over the last day or so… I’m still managing to capture enough to keep me going.

[QUOTE=TheFiend;466422]Still managing to get enough Docking WU’s to keep both my Docking rigs going and looks like I will end up with around 20.4 Million when it comes to an end and possibly a final rank of 18th, a drop of 2 from my current rank of 16th. :frowning:

Mump[MM] is on target to stomp me before the project ends.[/QUOTE]

Well, Mumps[MM] stomped me…

As the remaining days count down it is looking more likely I’ll finish in 17th. Passed the 20.4 Million mark and still getting Wu’s so could end up passing the 20.5 Million mark before they stop distributing them and then it will be a case of finishing any WU’s that are cached. Then it’s rebuild time for one of my 1090T’s.

Now for a whinge… Why have memory manufacturers stopped manufacturing 2GB fast RAM??? Try finding a 2 x 2GB DDR3 1866Mhz kit… they are getting like hens teeth!!! I don’t need any bigger cos it’s for a 32bit Win XP system!!! :soapbox:

That’s the way it is I’m afraid. People want bigger to cope with newer OSs. The next change will be with low voltage SODIMMS (DDR3l) for lappys to extend battery life, so standard DDR3 will become harder to find. Simple market forces.

It is now 1st May and the day after Docking was stopping generating WU’s… and I am still getting WU’s!!! Looks like they haven’t stopped the WU generator when they said they would!!! :eek:

I’ve got 40 completed WU’s that it’s not letting me report !
Getting - Server error: can’t attach shared memory. :sigh:

Everybody is getting the same error… Seemed to start at about 13:00 UK time and already there is people whinging on the D@H message board!!!

Oh dear… looks like I upset one of the dummy spitters after he decided to slag off Docking@Home project and project team and call it a"badly run project"

In 5 years of running D@H I can probably count on one hand the number of time the number of times there has been a problem with the server not being able to accept WU’s being reported…

Well looks as though they sorted the problem about 30 hours after it surfaced.

The only issue I ever had was with 64bit Win7, otherwise it’s always worked OK for me

That problem only seemed to occur on a certain combination of an Intel chipset and Win 7 64 and the D@H project team didn’t seem to have the expertise to sort out the problem.

Found this on Docking@Home website… it show some of the best results… It’s nice to see a couple of TPR members amongst it - Butuz and ledconversions.co.uk!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Looks as though people are starting to run out of work… One of mine run out yesterday, one will run out today and my three other crunchers have hot a couple of days worth of work left. :frowning:

Looks as though my 17th position is safe though. :smiley:

And a nice way to close off, I’m Docking user of the day today.

:tiphat:

I guess it’s a fitting finale that a TPR member gets user of the day in the final days of the project.

Nice one Juggy. Great that we have a man as UOTD :slight_smile: