Down the British!

:smiley: it is that time of year again, Down the British Up the colonies!

hope you had a nice day :moon:

DT.

Up your ar$e Obama :wink:

Of course it was a Great Day!
Yet it is nice to know that we could kick those pantie waist royal pain in the a$$ Brits, and today share their custardā€¦ I am sure its just because they are afraid what the consequences would be if they didnā€™t:D

Bring friends if you do, solo missions dont seem to go well

ā€¦ Goes off to watch Blackhawk down again (between Nam flashbacks)

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;454514]Bring friends if you do, solo missions dont seem to go well

ā€¦ Goes off to watch Blackhawk down again (between Nam flashbacks)[/QUOTE]
Cuteā€¦
Just so happens I was watching old footage of V1ā€™s (Fieseler Fi 103) flying over Londonā€¦ Now whom was that came and saved the day.
Oh I rememberā€¦ The Yanks. ~smiles~

[QUOTE=Vortex;454519]Cuteā€¦
Just so happens I was watching old footage of V1ā€™s (Fieseler Fi 103) flying over Londonā€¦ Now whom was that came and saved the day.
Oh I rememberā€¦ The Yanks. ~smiles~[/QUOTE]

:confused: P51 Mustangs downed less than 250 V1s , British Mosquito and Spitfires accounted for more than 700, never mind the 600+ by the Hawker Tempest.

I seem to recall it being mostly German and French mercenaries that won your independenceā€¦

And oddly enough, the original revolt against colonial rule, was against the taxes imposed to pay for the British wars against the French, which the colonies failed to turn up for at all.

In fact, all your wars seem to be based on other countriesā€™ troops doing the dying.

[QUOTE=Walter Oā€™Reilly;454523]
In fact, all your wars seem to be based on other countriesā€™ troops doing the dying.[/QUOTE]

A bit OTT there, we have much to thank our Yank cousins for , but I agree that they are not the source of all things righteous as Hollywood would have us believe.

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;454514]Bring friends if you do, solo missions dont seem to go well

ā€¦ Goes off to watch Blackhawk down again (between Nam flashbacks)[/QUOTE]

Worked good enough for you guys! :D:D:D

Lets get your list in order, Malaysia, North Africa, and although you won against a third rate power, Falklands was pretty damn painful.

Having just got back from Wooton Basset, Iā€™m heartily sick of the Americans in here abusing the fact that we are losing decent soldiers to fight their war.

F* you. Iā€™m leaving.

[QUOTE=Walter Oā€™Reilly;454537]Having just got back from Wooton Basset, Iā€™m heartily sick of the Americans in here abusing the fact that we are losing decent soldiers to fight their war.

F* you. Iā€™m leaving.[/QUOTE]

I believe the bashing started from one of your mates!:catfight:

Frankly I am confusedā€¦
Here are the true facts

1. Kill per aircraft 4 to 1 compared to the Mosquito and Spitfire, we had less planes in the campaign area.
  2. It was United States bombers that destroyed the V1 and V2 factories that ended the development and deployment. That saved your cities.
    Frankly we could have stayed at home and you would be either speaking German or Russian today.

There are the true facts.

and the comment about Namā€¦ way out of lineā€¦ and very uninformed of the political stranglehold from other countries that did not let us do what we could have.

Yeah, point taken, posts deleted, self taken elsewhere.

Currently Active Users: 31 (1 members and 30 guests)
View Whoā€™s Online
Most users ever online was 617, 12-04-2010 at 23:16.
MrTFWitt

Its dead anyway
:frowning:

I canā€™t believe grown adults can do this to themselves. Oh well never mind letā€™s just let it all go shall we? America won its war, the brits won theirs, but weā€™re gonna fight about it? Unreal.

And while weā€™re on the subject of WWII (a pet subject of mine challenge me if you feel capable) and weā€™re waving around ā€œfactsā€ about who won it, hereā€™s the truth:

1. Every allied combatant played their part, large or small. The only place the Americans won single-handed is Hollywood, not a well known source of historical fact.
  2. Every brave young manā€™s death was a tragedy, regardless of the uniform he wore at the time
  3. America did not win the war single handed, nor did the brits. Add in the french, poles, dutch, russians, australians, indians, etc etcā€¦ all in the war for their own reasons, all part of the victory
  4. The victory was achieved in part by the sublimation of national pride and rivalry for the common good, something not evident today
  5. Without all those brave young men who valued free speech and democracy above petty points scoring, tribalism and bitching the world would be a different place for all. And probably not a good one

Here endeth the lesson

TPR is a cross country team, I think everyone would agree that no solders death is good so why not step back and remember all that have given there lives.

Maybe thats a bit ā€œtweeā€ but really, they fight for what the rest of us sit on our ar$es and tick boxes for.

/edit and while i drank wine and posted that Martin stepped in !

Awww wish I had had wine too, that would have made it much better :cheers:

ha ! the local is serving UBU on draught atm, went down very nicely on saturdayā€¦ apparently named after the brewers dog, because it was Utterly Bloody Useless :lol: iā€™ll buy you a pint or three if you do the miles. Ether way we should just force a tpr beer up some-place!

I will swing down your way one of these fine nights, never been to your part of the globe. And yes, Iā€™ll remember the offer of free pints :smiley: