Doze 7

Pc world email:

Order Confirmation

Dear Mr Howarth,

The following items have been booked for delivery to your chosen address.

Quantity Code Description
1 818746 MICROSOFT WIN7 HOME PREORDR

PLEASE NOTE: If you have pre-ordered a copy of Windows 7 this will not
leave our warehouse any earlier than Wednesday 21st October (the day before
the official launch date). You should expect delivery to be 5-7 days after
this date.

HOW CRAP IS THAT? 5-7 days after this date. Send it out 5-7 days before then you f… numpties!

:lol:

The anticipation must be killing you :Poke: It’s OK, even in this VM.

DT.

I got pretty much the same e-mail from Currys… apart from recycling a few parts from current desktop, my Win7 box is about ready to go as soon as it arrives.

afterthought, postal strike in on the 22nd :doh:

DT.

Checked e-mail…

How is my order being delivered?

Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail

The suggestion that we should pay the royal mail workers by cheque in the post I read on another forum sounds like a cracking idea.

I have pre ordered with amazon, I think they use royal mail too… not actually planned on where i’m going to install it yet.

I had pre ordered it with amazon, but decided to cancel it, the price diff between amazon and say currys is next to nothing, so my plan was to walk into a shop and just get it off the shelf, easy, BUT as I’m going to be needing multiple coppies I was going to opt for the family pack, but as yet no prices have emerged. Just waiting too see. Got it running on all my PC’s here already, and most happy :slight_smile:

I had the same email from Currys too… Big part of me is a little peeved off because my desktop is awaiting a rebuild… and well its pointless doing it now… :frowning:

Also had a copy from our LEA… Don’t know the jist of it… someone there did say something about it being a Corp edition… but I thought they had done away with that ?

Prices for the family pack were published ages ago. Have a look on theregister web site, I’m sure a family pack license (3 licenses) was set at about £150.

we’ve been talking about it in the office, and we reckon the RM strike is a good thing, you’ll get your copy just as SP1 is released :chuckle:

DT.

you think I’ll get it that soon?

The e-mail lies. Mine arrived today.

3 people in the office have theirs too.

Got mine too :slight_smile: