Dutch power cows attack.

:catfight::whiteflag:

Looks like someone shoved a hot poker up their arse :slight_smile:

http://www.dutchpowercows.org/projecten/stampede/79-stampede-2012-het-stemmen-kan-nog-net

All good for docking I welcome their output!!!

Also. I like milk. I like cheese. I like leather seats. Overall I don’t have a bad word to say about cows.:tiphat:

Butuz

Nice to see you back butuz! I like cheese too :smiley:

Waaaaaaa it’s not just the moo cows that want to eat the grass off our lawns. Everyone else wants a piece too! We’re now 6th in the world for rac. Can’t remember the last time we were that low???

Who is gonna help me fight back???

Call to arms!!! Docking!!!

Butuz

I like cheese too, lots of cheese! I didn’t know you guys can read Dutch, so I have to watch what I’m saying on our website. :tiphat:

We’re getting close but our stampede probably ends too soon to go for #2 overall.
Cheers!

Onthaal aan TPR (Welcome to TPR) Xaverius. I hope I got the translation right. Good luck with the stampede m8!!

Hello Xaverius thanks for registering just to say hello!!! Your welcome to be here.

Wow you cows sure can crunch! The output you are putting into docking@home is outstanding. No wonder their servers had a bit of trouble keeping up with you moo cows!

Keep up the good work! I hope many of your stampeders end up liking the grass round here and stay here to graze long term!!!

Butuz

I hit new posts and saw your one about us being 6th :eek: :cry:

I then scrolled down, checked the stats and the call to arms had an effect, we’re 3rd :woot:

Welcome to TPR Xaverius, we are few that punch numbers for many :smiley:

I think I know what you’re trying to say here but automatic translations are not always perfect. :wink:
I guess some cows will be left in the green meadow but most of our output will go on our other projects, where it came from. Last year on malariacontrol some power was left though. Personally I want to get another badge on WCG, I was almost there when the stampede started. :smiley:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, be proud of your #3. It is of course deserved for your work done on Docking.

It would be so nice to see you guys push yourselves beyond Planet 3DNow!… :o :D. And nice going Butuz :).

Everytime we even hint of making a move on P3DNow they panic and a lot of them switch back to Docking to protect the #1 position…

We are a small, yet dedicated team, but lack the power much bigger teams can call on for stampedes like yours.

:clap: on your :stomp: of me… your output is very impressive… it’s taken me 3 years to reach 10 Million…

[QUOTE=TheFiend;463816]Everytime we even hint of making a move on P3DNow they panic and a lot of them switch back to Docking to protect the #1 position…

We are a small, yet dedicated team, but lack the power much bigger teams can call on for stampedes like yours.[/QUOTE]
You guys are doing great though! :slight_smile:

Thank you, but in my opinion dedication and hard work over time beats having the opportunity to push big amounts for 1 month and then sit idle for the next 11. :wink: Keep it up!

Also, you hit 10 million before me, so I lost the race!

Congrats to the Duch Power Cows on their very successful stampede. I hope that some cows stick around on Docking and do not so quickly wander off to pastures green. The grass is good here in Docking land :slight_smile:

Thanks very much for the compliment Vipeax. I reach my limit can’t do any more than I am now though. I hope to soon be in top 20 for overall credits. I am pleased with that.

Unfortunately it is not going to be enough to get ahead of P3DNOW they’ve got more big hitters and many more members they can call on to stay ahead of us :frowning: I can’t honestly see us ever besting them. But we will keep trying!!!

Congrats on getting to 10 million so unbelievably quick. It sure is an amazing amount of hardware you have whether it is workstations or servers to give you more output than the previous top 3 teams put together :slight_smile:

Butuz

[QUOTE=Vipeax;463819]You guys are doing great though! :slight_smile:

Thank you, but in my opinion dedication and hard work over time beats having the opportunity to push big amounts for 1 month and then sit idle for the next 11. :wink: Keep it up![/QUOTE]

Thanks. We will!!!

Talking of keeping it up… It would be great if rather than move your hardware all on to the next stampede you could leave one machine permanently on Docking Vipeax. I would be very pleased at that :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Vipeax;463819]
Also, you hit 10 million before me, so I lost the race![/QUOTE]

Yee ha well done TheFiend!!! You beat one of the most powerful Boinc members in the world, in a race!! Thats a very good achievement :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Unlucky Vipeax :smiley:

Butuz

:smiley:

[QUOTE=Butuz;463828]
Talking of keeping it up… It would be great if rather than move your hardware all on to the next stampede you could leave one machine permanently on Docking Vipeax. I would be very pleased at that :slight_smile:
Butuz[/QUOTE]
I normally only run any kind of computing once a year (the yearly stampede), but due to Docking being a great project and it’s staff having spent a lot of time fixing some things for me (and having friendly chats) I’m going to leave some power running. The house has enough heat for a year now and with summer coming up it’s starting to burn inside with all these machines. I will be turning off the big guys…

However, at this point I’m looking at leaving 12 cores/24 threads on the project (2 out of the top 3 of my hosts, not counting the E7-2850s as those are virtualized into tiny nodes). As that wouldn’t cost an insane amount. Probably these 2:
http://docking.cis.udel.edu/community/show_host_detail.php?hostid=109806
http://docking.cis.udel.edu/community/show_host_detail.php?hostid=110412

It’s nice to see how hard the E3-1230s go though.

The 2600K is my desktop pc, but I really consider it unhealthy to run that during the summer, as it will just run too hot for 24/7.

Oh and this gigantic beast:

:slight_smile:

@Vipeax…That’s some impressive hardware you’ve got … Puts my “old skool” Phenoms to shame. :tiphat:

The only way we could overtake P3D would be for a mass defection from DPC over to us for a joint stampede… :Plot:

@Butuz… looks like you’ll be overtaking me soon, but with a bit of luck I won’t drop out of the top 20.

I normally only run any kind of computing once a year (the yearly stampede), but due to Docking being a great project and it’s staff having spent a lot of time fixing some things for me (and having friendly chats) I’m going to leave some power running. The house has enough heat for a year now and with summer coming up it’s starting to burn inside with all these machines. I will be turning off the big guys…[/QUOTE]

Ah I didn’t realise that. That’s an interesting way of doing it. I take it most of the time all these xeons serve a useful purpose for you rather than sitting turned off? So what happened with Docking? Didnt realise you needed help from the devs - or was it because your POWAAAAAH were singlehandedly bringing their servers to their knees?? :smiley:

QUOTE=Vipeax;463830However, at this point I’m looking at leaving 12 cores/24 threads on the project (2 out of the top 3 of my hosts, not counting the E7-2850s as those are virtualized into tiny nodes). As that wouldn’t cost an insane amount. Probably these 2:

It’s nice to see how hard the E3-1230s go though.[/QUOTE]

THATS AWESOME :smiley: I’ll buy you a drink if we ever meet. Nice one dude!!! (I assume dude!!!).

The E3-1230 does great considering it’s low price and power usage. I am quite interested as I need to build a couple of VMware & HyperV test servers and was thinking of using i2600Ks. Does the 1230 fit in a normal cheap 1155 motherboard or do you have to buy the (supermicro/tyan) server-type board for it (too expensive for me to use as test nodes).

QUOTE=Vipeax;463830Oh and this gigantic beast:

:)[/QUOTE]

:tiphat::whiteflag::eek: you sir are formidable. I bow. I Keep bowing as I shuffle backwards towards the door. I bow one last time and then turn and run :smiley:

Butuz

Phenoms are great crunchers for the money though. The 1045Ts that scan had for ÂŁ90 odd make great crunchers with a cheap ÂŁ40 mobo. Overclock a bit and get 7k+ a day. What intel you gonna get for ÂŁ90? A core i3? Yuk.

Only downside is quite high electricity usage at full load. If you aint paying leccy for whatever reason then fill a rack full of 1045t’s and woweeee big crunching on the cheap. Talking of on the cheap - if your not fancying having a look at Linux try Windows 8 developer preview (free). Crunching quite nicley. Only caveat is you cant use GPUs on Boinc until they fix the boinc client for Win 8 which should be coming at some stage.

:idea::trophy:

Ill try my best! My crunching usually goes in fits and starts depending on what’s going on in my life but at the mo it looks like I stand a chance of catching ya :smiley: I’ll try and make it a soft overtake :wink: but can’t promise anything :smiley:

Butuz

My 1055T has been quite happily sitting at 3.5GHz for nearly 12 Months now, hardly misses a beat… Leccy wise it isn’t too bad, it’s only when I have all 3 crunchers on that the meter needle gets dizzy… :rotate:

[QUOTE=Butuz;463871]
Ill try my best! My crunching usually goes in fits and starts depending on what’s going on in my life but at the mo it looks like I stand a chance of catching ya :smiley: I’ll try and make it a soft overtake :wink: but can’t promise anything :smiley:

Butuz[/QUOTE]

If you haven’t caught me by the middle of June, we’ll be off to Thailand for a couple of weeks so you’ll have plenty of chance to pass me then… Just reclaimed #19 so my top 20 spot is safe for a short while… :smiley:

Conger rats to the DPC for passing 100Million on Docking!!! :trophy:

Mucho respect for your efforts!!! :tiphat:

Congrats to you guys!! Excellent crunching :worship: