Empire Universe 2

I’m with the big guy :slight_smile:

whooohooo I got a game message :smiley:

A bug has crawled into the main computer of the galactic central bank and caused a short circuit which has many side effects. Among other things, 1337 credits have been transferred to your account.

Coordinates 7163:21:74:80
Titanium 19121
Mercury 33052
Silicon 65740

that’s 5 bloody trips @ 50 minutes each way + 108 minutes mining each time :yawn:

BIGGER FLEET REQUIRED :lol:

edit … should have researched this ages ago hahaha

Increased load volume researched successfully!
The average load is a direct extension of the small cargo area. Thereby our researchers have succeeded in expanding the load volume with new stable side members. This will enable us to transport larger cargo more safely. In addition, we have increased the carrying capacity to 50,000 units, so we are able to transport much greater quantities at once now.
Cargo M
This cargo is based on small cargo space, but offers shelter for up to 75,000 units due to improved stabilization, which makes trading more profitable.

can’t build another ship to use this until I get about 5K more Iron :lol:

Tried that
didnt work within my patience threshold so I hit it with a hammer.

The buggy resource display go on my nerves too, get just stopping at a resource level, “no cant do that, you have no resources------ Oh wait yes you do now you have built something you didnt need”

Must admit it was getting me frustrated at the beginning, I built the wrong things at the wrong time which left me very short on the resources I needed to advance properly :sigh: Warmheart did tell me to concentrate on the ‘main’ items, but I was a little foolish and didn’t (at that time) realize just how damn slow the game could be :frowning:

I had a few minor issues with the res readouts, but just sat and waited - probably not all down to choice though, as I’ve been 6 to 2 and play time has therefore been limited … which helps with the long waits I guess.

anyway, have you killed the account off or just reset to try again ? There’s a very good chance a couple of us will be in the position of offering res help soon if you’ve reset :slight_smile:

LAST STAGE: Funny how the research is only around 68% complete and it says this:
No significant problems were reported during the troubleshooting, so we now begin the last stage wholeheartedly!

In game forum: Post your coordinates if you haven’t already, then be sure to probe each others universes and lock in the coords so we can (long TIME) fly to each other.
Due to time it may take, I strongly recommend having very large cargo/transporters and exchange a lot as opposed to little. Haven’t seen anything about insider Empire Trading to say it’s not ok to do res for res (Trading post is credit for res lvl 2 allows exporting, at some level you get to set rates).
There is a pushing rule, which I guess will work along the lines found in SP & OG.

SHIP BUILDS:
Take care when building ships to equip them with what they will need to function effectively.
Only when you have a DOCK can you change the vessels components in and out - dependant on research (Modular Construction - Chassis)

Mr Witt’s colony is indeed gone, so I would surmise he has quit completely. I can see his point, in between the interesting bits, and there are some, this game is nut-crushingly boring…if there was a tech tree, or some roadmap, maybe we would have a clue. But it appears the game is wide open to let you progress as you wish, meaning if you don’t want to be an asteroid miner you have no idea how to progress. As an illustration, I have built a barracks and have 50k troops. I would like to load them onto ships and unload them on naughty people. But I can’t the “Troops” button is greyed out on all my ships. Is that because I need to build something, research something or increase the level of something? :shrug:

And the system lag is unreal. Once you have waited hours for a fleet to fly, mine, mine, and return, having to wait…and wait…and wait until the status of the fleet changes to “none” seems like hours and frankly winds me up. Then you unload, and wait…and wait…and wait… until the resources are available.

Deffo one for players with patience. Thing is I don’t have any

You’ll need to have a troop transport and it’ll be linked with a research of some sort.

I think everyone has to start out as a miner in order to get the resources needed by your own people, and steadily build towards colonising planets, defending them, fleet building, assembling troops and then raiding if you wish.
All the way in this game TIME is the enemy, all good things…

A better tech tree would be beneficial, one does seem to stumble around like a headless chicken for quite an age - it would seem.

Cheapass mining:

Send a cutter with a 50k module with one or more mining cutters (i.e. in the same fleet) and its cargo space becomes available for mined materials. You can always use it for transport too by dropping it out of the fleet and assigning it elsewhere. For me this means 70k per trip not 20k which is a more efficient use for the hydro involved.

I moved house and got a renewed pass into the chat room

10:34 YukaHunts BURPS
10:34 Figwigian: too random
10:34 Stevooo: eww cover ur mouth :slight_smile:
10:34 Armageddon: stop the bold and follow chat rules
10:34 YukaHunts: Morning/Evening (delete as appropriate)
10:34 YukaHunts: What bold ?
10:35 Figwigian: Chat, don’t die!! I no the burp smelt bad but don’t sacrifice ur lifve for ir!!
10:35 YukaHunts covers his mouth and burps quietly so armageddon doesnt throw his toys
10:35 You have been gagged! This will last at least 24 hours! If you don’t get ungagged after 24 hours please contact a chatmod over the ingame message system!

That went well then.
A Pint to the first person to mention aramgeddon, hamster and cardboard tube in the chat channel whilst avoiding a ban.

aaah, so I don’t have to put a mining module on the second ship, it simply acts like an extra cargo hold for the first :slight_smile:

well done Mojo, nice find … my next ship may well be an armed cargo, followed by a ship with both an asteroid mining module and a wreckage reclaiming module aboard :smiley:

edit … me goes to chat channel

edit 2
10:22 cheesuschrist: fail lol

10:22 Wolram: cardboard tube, hamster, armageddon

10:22 nasa90: are you still there grim?

10:25 grimreaper2d: yes you are a member now.

10:25 TPR_Mojo: Wolly its hamster, armageddon, cardboard tube ennit?

10:25 carter24: how long dos ground battle tack

10:26 nasa90: you can refule on my planet

10:26 grimreaper2d: ty nasa90

No Wolly you don’t need to put one on, but your mining will be faster if you do. I don’t think there’s space for big cargo, DX engine and a mining laser in a Cutter is there? That’s why I tried it, plus having small, flexible fleets of multi-purpose ships seems like a plan at this stage where resources are limited and research takes 19 years per subject. I have an armed Cutter, but it’s in-system only and has only the 10k cargo, was kinda a “oh new chassis what can I do with this one” job. I put it in a fleet named “Black Ops” just to scare probes off :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

hamster armageddon radio

Anyway, the move paid off, I get a copper mine at 64% now instead of 51%.
Is it resaerch 3 that lets you queue buildings ?

yep you’re right, not enough space for 50k cargo, DX engine and the mining module :frowning:

so, ship now being built has DX engine, 50k Cargo and the small laser :smiley:

:chin: next configuration will probably be DX and 2 x mining + 2 x salvage

edit - not sure if it’s research 2 or 3 TFW ?

Sent Armageddon the “Armageddon” youtube link :smiley:

:chuckle: oddly, had already mentioned the cardboard tube in chat before reading this thread :lol:

ARMAGEDDON

DT.

:sigh: Research has become a huge bottleneck, it’s not yet at 20% and already taken 17 hours. I feel like queuing all my scientists for training, and then walking away for a week :frowning:

The buildings I want to upgrade need more Krypton than the game probably holds, just what levels of mine do you need to ensure you’ve always got about 8K on hand :confused:

And don’t get me started about asteroid fields that randomly re-generate somewhere once you’ve depleted them … they’re not randomly appearing anywhere within my reach, which means longer flights further afield … oh good, more time wasting :ghey:

the sad thing is, it would be a cracking game if it wasn’t for the ridiculous waiting times regarding research and buildings - I’d bet most newcomers quit before getting halfway through the noob protect period of 30 days :whiteflag:

I started out by upping my mines and resource facility to accommodate mines that produced 100 p/h and then on the under 50%ers. A few mining vessels capable of both wrecks and asteroids with a warp engine to get out of the system so I can scavenge what I need and a probe or two that work to increase the view around me. The probes tell me where the best wrecks are!

However, if I’d of known I was going to need a lot of Krypton factor I would of upped that more than likely to 200 p/h

The more you clear m8 the more regenerate

NAP vs Alliance:

if alliance means what I think it does then if allied to someone we are drawn into their battles?

Given we have the collective strength to pout, put our hands on our hips and shout “get her!” at the moment maybe just NAPs should be considered?

Just my 2 ikoliums