Flameproof goat ?

Found this story on the good old BEEB about a goat effigy that gets burnt by revellers every year. Its not supposed to be burnt and has this year been flameproofed.

I know theres no such thing as flame proof but I have to step back and just ask WHY for so many reasons.

Why a Goat ?
Why at Christmas ?
Why not take the hint and stop building one ?

Gets my Goat

It gets even sillier

GOATCAM

Fire resistant is just that. Resistant. A determined arsonist could get away with it IF he was using the right substance that gave out the right amount of heat.

I won’t give away what chemical is best used to start fires and get away with it. That would be telling :stuck_out_tongue: Not that it would work much on the goat.

Ah bless my fire investigation module… Fire Investigation: Arson For Dummies :chuckle:

How much does it cost???
STUPID

LOL, yup its true. We scandinavians are truly crazy :slight_smile:

BTW, the straw goat is a traditional christmas decoration albeit not that size:)

I thought it was from an Ed Edd and Eddy cartoon, one of Rolfs festivals

I wouldnt be suprised :newmon:

1. The goat question is answered in the article, plus they are just a silly people over there :smiley:

2. See answer #1

3. Because it’s tradition for builders to build the goat. It’s also traditional for arsonists to set it on fire. Who are we to stand in the way of tradition?

Sane people :stuck_out_tongue:

Goatcam is back online

:slight_smile:

Ah Gavle Goat, always pops up in the news. Great publicity. This year they’ve really thrown down the gauntlet. I’m sure someone will pick it up :slight_smile:

all i can say is, that is 1 HUUUUUUUGE Goat

Wait till somebody points out the now chemically treated goat will not bio-degrade for at least 750 years…

Since it wont bio-degrade, that is why they torch it every year!!!

Splash some TFW grade fuel ( TFW’s aftershave) on it and see how flame resistant it is then muahaha.

use thermite… (guess who’s been watching braniacs)

Magnesium / white phosphorus / napalm mix will burn anything.

FLAME ON!

:chuckle:

Impressive record.

Like the fact that the gingerbread man and santa burnt it down previously :lol:

Holy thread resurrection TF.

:slight_smile: Nice to know tradition rules.