Folding@home news, 05.02.2002

[u]Folding@home weekly Report[/u]

Team Status

As of approximately 10:00 05/02/2002, all production count in points unless otherwise indicated, comparative figures since the last edition.

Points/work units: 2613/1665 2249/1392 (+364/+273)
Team Rank: 45 (+4)
Active members: 4 (-2)
Active CPU’s in last week: 16 (-3)
+4 Teams, mean production: 260.75 (-70.5)
-4 Teams, mean production: (209.5 (236.5 -27) 1 Threat in range

A good week for Folding by most accounts, in the last seven days we’ve seen eInsurance (2505 total, 234 last week now on 8 members) drop off and we now sit 108 points ahead. Preemptive i’m sure but I think we’ve beaten them off ;). Team Virtual Hideout are still close on our tails and this week only slightly outproducing us. They now lie on 2573 with 384 produced in the last week - this is going to be a close fight, and one I’m hoping to bring additional firepower (peashooterpower anyway) to bear on. They however are the only threat on long range radar, down to 100th place.

Our next target is Team BeOS (2918 total, 314 last week with 12 active members) who lie an entire week of production ahead of us and whom we outproduced by 50 over the last 7 days, so it will take a while for futher progress. It is fortunate there is no BeOS client I suppose - for us :p.

Folding 2 news page:

The recent news is that 2.18 is expected to be released fairly soon.

TPR Producers
Last 7 days

N2OCapri 155 (+39)
TPR Mojo 141 (+90) - Nice going Mojo :slight_smile:
Wynotiel 41 (+11)
alexbalmer 27 (-3)

Milestones

This week we passed an ‘official’ 2500 point milestone, so well done to everyone.

Congrats to our top 300 user N20Capri.

Appendix/Notes

Any suggestions for statistics to include i’d be very happy to hear. Just remember that most figures i’m working out by hand, based on Statsman data so nothing too fancy ;).

Links
Letters to the editor :slight_smile:
[ul]
[li]Folding work units are of varying size, so they are assigned a points value approximately equivalent to the amount of processing required. Typically the largest work unit is worth 2 points.
[/li][/ul]

I joined up with genome@home, I hope it’s the same thing. I’ve got to number 12 of 30 on my second protein design algorithm but I can’t find any of my user details on the home page.

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks guys, oh, I’m registered as JUGEARS

Originally posted by JUGHEAD
[B]I joined up with genome@home, I hope it’s the same thing. I’ve got to number 12 of 30 on my second protein design algorithm but I can’t find any of my user details on the home page.

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks guys, oh, I’m registered as JUGEARS [/B]

Genome stats are down again :frowning: ,no news as to whats happened this time or when they’ll be back up,tho’ it doesn’t usually result in any lost work.

nice report nitrile :slight_smile:

I think its fair to say the discussions on the newsgroup are “heated” at the moment.

Stefan is going to fix/replace the stats server in the next 48 hrs or so.

Thanks, asl always, for a great report Nitrile

Nice report :slight_smile:

Folding is different from Genome Juggy :slight_smile:

Originally posted by N2OCapri
[B]Nice report :slight_smile:

Folding is different from Genome Juggy :slight_smile: [/B]

Oh bugger, but you guys do have a genome@home team right???

Idiot me, I joined the genome@home TPR team.

[B]

Idiot me, I joined the genome@home TPR team. [/B]

Yep details are in the sticky :slight_smile:

[B]

Idiot me, I joined the genome@home TPR team. [/B]

No, No! You stay right there Mr Jug Ears sir :nod:

Genome is a luverly friendly institution full of like minded people with soft perms :slight_smile:

PS - will be making a small F@H donation as of tonight guys…

Originally posted by Mulda
[B]

Genome is a luverly friendly institution full of like minded people with soft perms :slight_smile:

PS - will be making a small F@H donation as of tonight guys… [/B]

Yes I will be staying right here, only got a dual PIII 733 xeon and a dual PIII 533 running ATM.

I need to know where my stats are???

I try and lookup my stats, no such user. I try and join again, sorry user already exists :confused:

All I can say is WTF???

Patience big ears!

Good things come to those who wait in the world of Genome and Folding. Stats generally update after about 6 hours of being returned but Genome stats haven’t been updated since Sunday due to a server problem. Your account will not show until it has valid results in it and has been updated on the stats server…

Originally posted by Mulda
[B]

PS - will be making a small F@H donation as of tonight guys… [/B]

cool nice to have you aboard, we need a bit of help fending off Team Virtual Hideout :slight_smile:

First unit now in progress…

cool :slight_smile:

What unit did you get ???

I’ve been getting a real variety lately, mind you Villins and GRNA Hairpins are getting a tad boring :slight_smile:

A 389 atom GNRA Hairpin…

Dunno if I caught the config fast enough for it to register for us though…

I’m not sure but I think it only looks at the config file at the moment of sending but am not 100% sure of this, I know on some machines when I was playing with console v gui I wasn’t doing the user name, team name stuff till nearly the end of some units but I was still getting credit :slight_smile:

GRNA Hairpin is a two pointer unit, about 6.5 hours on my XPs, 12.5 on my p3 1 gig and T Bird 850, 24 hours on the BP6 running 540 cellies ( thanks zarni :slight_smile: ) 8 hours on the 1250 axia.

Well, projected finish is 16hrs :eek:

Methinks this rig needs upgrading :frowning:

Bet it’s an Intel ???

AMD rules in F@H unfortunately

Funny how some CPUs seem better optimised for different distributed software :confused:

[B]

Yes I will be staying right here, only got a dual PIII 733 xeon and a dual PIII 533 running ATM.

I need to know where my stats are???

I try and lookup my stats, no such user. I try and join again, sorry user already exists :confused:

All I can say is WTF??? [/B]

You exist now :slight_smile:

Originally posted by TPR_Mojo
[B]

You exist now :slight_smile: [/B]

Yep, I saw that. Completed 2 Proteins Designs:D