Folding on older CUDA cards

I recently started running this project - GPU Folding - to help the team as my Nvidia cards (GeForce 8 series) no longer cut the mustard for BOINC-based CUDA projects like SETI and Milkyway. My CPUs are busy with BOINC but the graphics cards were not doing anything.

They run fine and painlessly under Folding@Home, temps are not excessive, load on the CPU is not much so BOINC is also unaffected. If like me you have these older cards and would like to help the team, why not pop over to the Folding sub-forum and follow the guide there to set them up?

Go on, you know you want to…

set my home rig as a pure folding rig to help the ‘push’.

Losing two of the servers tonight though ---- if the guy ever turns up :mad:

DT.

I have some GeForce 9500’s, 9800’s that might be useful? But what about ATI cards, is there a client for them?

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

I’ve not run them myself but according to the above 2xxx, 3xxx, and 4xxx are supported

I also managed to get my 5770 folding as well, but the performance level compared to the nvidia cards was such that I sold the card on. All point count though, so yes they will help :smiley:

DT.

Hmm… someone remind me to look into this when I get home. Got a 9500GT idle at moment. Did run it a little under boinc but it wasn’t out-performing a CPU core so I just disabled it. If it can be run outside boinc I’ll give it another go…

Thanks to a reminder from Curly I just stuck the 9500GT on this. My 9500GT is passive cooled so I wonder how hot it might get…