Forum Software Upgrade

3.5.2 was released earlier today, and as we have a christmas theme to put together, figured we should jump straight in.

Running a few tests and taking backups now. Downtime should be minimal as before.

DT.

When returning to the forums from a pre3.5.2 visit, please delete your cookies and then login to the forums.

This will clear up a lot of temporary issues that are being resolved.

DT.

Nice one DT. Love the Todays Posts feature :slight_smile:
I’m sure the lil bugs will work themselves.

like it! :thumbsup:

Nice one DT!! :thumbsup:

Looks are slightly different…tried clearing cookies and logging out…no such luck :frowning:

other than that its sweet as a pie :slight_smile:

ta muchly :slight_smile:

I’m liking it, especially the new postings that i havn’t read thing that comes up when you do new posts :nod:

posts are now marked as read from within the database rather than a cookie - so after reading a post, if you hit new posts again, rather than it showing in the list as read post, it does not show. I know for me personally who makes an effort to read all the posts, this is great stuff as no more clicking “mark all forums read”. :smiley:

Please take note of the above though - you may wish to clear you cookies and logout/login after a mark read to update the “mark” for your read posts.

DT.

If you use the quicklink for “mark forums read” it seems to tidy things up as regards which posts are new.

I cant clear all the cookies (dont ask :rolleyes:) and a logout/login didnt fix things but marking all as read did the job.

:agree:

Just where is this feature located? Or, are you reffering to the link that says “New Posts”?

Quick links, it’s the first one in the drop down menu.

Curly

Its Snowing!

I have snowflakes in the browser window, thats pretty cool :thumbsup:

Just got this too… :lol: very seasonal :stuck_out_tongue:

and for those not wishing to see the snowflakes, very bottom left we have a new TPR style option of

“TPR Bah Humbug” :smiley:

DT.

Seems Nice DT, like some of the new features,

I don’t have any snowflakes!! :frowning:

Is it because I have Firefox? Though I know a lot of you have Firefox, too… so I dunno…

:eek:

I get two flakes with firefox…top left…but IE all over the place :frowning: :mad:

Yeah, just tried in IE, they seem to work fine…

But in Firefox, I have one flake, stationary, very top left, over the santa-hat in the logo. :stuck_out_tongue:

shrugs

Not that I mind, I know I’d end up switching the flakes off within about half an hour or less anyway.

My browser has dandruff! :slight_smile:

I’m not an Xmas kind of guy, but I’ll admit to liking the snowflakes. It is a nice touch.