Forums upgrade

A couple of little minor security updates completed tonight. And finally managed to successfully do the next ‘big’ upgrade on the test site. It takes a while so some pre-warning for this one.

I estimate tomorrow night / hope to find the time tomorrow night - but if not it will get done over the weekend now the test has completed.

There are a few new features that will need configuring as well, so don’t be alarmed if the forums are disabled for a while.

DT.

Thanks for the heads-up DT.

–Tom

update in a few minutes time - just got to go get the beers in before I start :wasted: :wink:

DT.

All complete, we are on the latest version once again. Any weirdness or general questions about any of the new bits (have fun finding them) post away :smiley:

DT.

ok that must been why it wouldn’t let me login and kept giveing me a pop up for a login and password for restricted area .

yup - doing it that way prevents me getting hundreds of emails with database errors as the bots do the level best to break upgrades.

DT.

Did wonder if I could hack the username and password earlier :rolleyes:

Hey that’s cool! Click on the right arrow next to Steve’s name in DT’s quote and it takes me to his post:D

Didn’t notice it before, but maybe I’m just dumb.

Any other easter eggs lying about?

that’s alway’s been there :chuckle:

you sure PMM because I just checked a quote I did today (22 Dec) before the update and the arrow taking you to the quoted post is not there, unless it’s an option I missed.

Curly

doh :doh: missed where said at the “quote”, auto assumed he men’t the
index page to each forum.

So indeed a new feature :chuckle:

[QUOTE=Curly99;360535]you sure PMM because I just checked a quote I did today (22 Dec) before the update and the arrow taking you to the quoted post is not there, unless it’s an option I missed.

Curly[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PMM;360542]doh :doh: missed where said at the “quote”, auto assumed he men’t the
index page to each forum.

So indeed a new feature :chuckle:[/QUOTE]

whistles innocently whilst testing new button :wink:

DT.

Ah the multiple quote button… nice one :thumbsup:

Curly

…and an RSS feed too.

Cool :cool:

Wow alot of little pieces here and there :cool:

:thumbsup: the RSS feed is way cool, nice one team!

Who, What, Where, How, RSS, where, My doobrit that turns orange when I hit a site with a feed isn’t, tell me how to get it :slight_smile:

the RSS feed they are refering too is in the form of a post that uses the function off the DC sites and creates a post in the relevant forum/s when everthere is new project news, though I’m sure there is a Vb plugin or it’s in the code for an RSS feed to be implimanted from the forums, not sure how or weather it would use bandwidth…etc.

Curly