Fun with Engine Computer

Best fun I’ve had all week :slight_smile:
Bought a car computer interface lead for 15 quid off ebay to have a look at any stored error codes and reset the maintenance light. Downloaded some free software that monitors most of the engine parameters and can be made to write a csv log.

Out for a 10 min run with the lappy on the seat and a bit of twiddling in excel produces this.

Sad I know for a Skoda but the next step is to do some shorter duration time trials. then see what we can break it irritrievably by tweaking some of the engine variables :smiley:

looks like you better start tweaking you foot off the gas pedal by the looks of the middle of that graph.

OOOw, nice :)… hack the car :slight_smile: it will be fun :slight_smile:

tut tut…

Dont remember any roads in the UK that have a 100mph speed limit :wink:

my dad knows plenty…
A45, Any Moterway with no police, and this really wide road in coventry which they stupidly placed ‘40 mph’ signs up, when obviously its wrong…

The question is…can you get it to crunch??? :wink:

:chuckle: Think there might be an error in the spreadsheet formula somewhere.

:haha:

Nicely said :stuck_out_tongue:

ya just can’t trust computers :wink: :lol:

Looks like a nice toy to play with, did you need to get specific app to see your data or is there a generic. My motor has a serial plug lookie likey :chin:

DT.

There’s a few flavours around but not as many as makes of car. Can’t remember what you’ve got.

EDIT

Ah, search posts is my friend, a Seat right ? Unless its Can-Bus it’ll be an ODBC interface, same lead and software as mine. I’ll post you up the lead on loan in a few weeks when I’m fed up with playing. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Audi-Seat-Skoda-KKL-OBD2-OBDII-USB-Scanner-Interface_W0QQitemZ8056779759QQcategoryZ30921QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Loads of free downloads, but I can’t yet vouch for the quality. Google :-

GM Mode 22 Scan Tool by Terry
OBD Gauge for PalmOS and Pocket PC by Dana Peters
OBD Logger by Jonathan Senkerik
OBD-II ScanMaster by Wladimir Gurskij (ScanMaster 3.52 - local copy)
obd2crazy.com
OBD2 Scantool by Ivan Andrewjeski
OBDII for ELM322 by David Huffman
pyOBD by Donour Sizemore for MacOSX and Linux
RDDTC by Pete Calinski
Real Scan by Brent Harris
ScanTest for Pocket PC by Ivan Ganev aka a-ser
wOBD by WDT

See theres even a linux one there :smiley: