Gauntlet III?

Originally posted by Sir Ulli
[B]the Planet has a lot of new Members, so is there an Interest at a new Gauntlet, Seti 1 is running but BOINC Astropulse is starting soon, so this will be the last Race…

regards
Sir Ulli [/B]

Hello Ulli,

you can count me in! :slight_smile:

I only have one rig crunching for seti the other is on folding but count me in:)

Originally posted by Jeff F.
It ends at 11:59 on May 3rd. (winners to be announced on May 4th) Why? :confused: Could YOU be tempted away from SETI? :lol: j/k

Not a Chance Jeff :stuck_out_tongue: tried it, got confused with the incompleting
Woots and when results dissapeared :eek:

We could start the new race when Folding is finished, it’s only
a few weeks away :nod:

Originally posted by dalethfc
We could start the new race when Folding is finished, it’s only
a few weeks away :nod:

Ehm, that could also depend on how many other teams is going to participate, maybe they can’t wait for us to finish the race.

But everybody could join and then produce as much as they like and then when the Folding race is over start crunching for the SETI gauntlet.

Count me in too :smiley:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Bilko

I’m in! :slight_smile:

Hell YEAH! :smiley:

Uhmn, yes Im in and OmegaOne is in ! :smiley: :cool: :wink:

Yeah why not :p.

I guess I’m in, what’s a gauntlet?:confused:

i cant speak for all of them but i think the vt darts boys will be up for it (:devil: ),
Dependant on when this race is i think the TPR VT Darts Stomper may be in there :smiley:
Bullseye

:offtopic:

Originally posted by Klumpen
Hmmm now i have my doubts about the project i have chosen… Folding seems like a really really good cause :confused:

No need for :confused: as long as you are enjoying what you do. :nod: I got a little frustrated with SETI and decided to try some other projects. In the end I chose Folding because it seemed right for me.

The Folding Challenge came about because I wanted to stimulate interest in the project I like(with the team I like). Nothing more. I think Folding(and Genome) scare people away at first but once you get past the “man, this is soo different then SETI” thoughts, it’s actually a pretty cool project.

Again, respecting everyone’s views but Folding is where it’s at for me. :smiley:

I wouldnt mind doing folding, but I just cant do dial on demand :(.

Originally posted by richardlellisjr

The stats of the last multi team race (Gauntlet 2; last Feb) are still up here:

www.teamphoenixrising.de/gauntlet/sum.htm
www.teamphoenixrising.de/gauntlet/details.htm
www.teamphoenixrising.de/gauntlet/ranking.htm

/will try for a better layout for the next race

Originally posted by Speedo
I wouldnt mind doing folding, but I just cant do dial on demand :(.

andyu is testing out Distributed Folding( http://www.distributedfolding.com ) right now because it allows crunching without an “always on” internet connection. Maybe the next Folding Challenge will be using this program instead. (Opps, did I just mention the next Folding Challenge? :eek:) Or maybe we can have a combination of the two programs… like one entry per 250pts for Folding@Home and one entry per 100,000pts for Distributed Folding. Hmmmm… :confused:

:wink:

[edit]If any of the mods want to move the :offtopic: posts to a new thread over in the Cantina or Other Distributed forums, that’d be understandable.[/edit]

I’ll be up for it (Leave it!).:smiley:

Count me in the Gauntlet please :slight_smile:

Originally posted by richardlellisjr

By other words, a multi team Virtual Race,
pure production counts, caching is allowed !

Runs in a certain period, a couple of weeks or a month or so.

No prize, just the honer and glory ! :smiley:
Se in my sig for TPRs result in the two Gauntlets that has passed, one gold and one silver :wink:

thanks Len for the good stats:D

so by the new Gauntlet we can hope of you,

oder wir hoffen das du das wieder so gut machst wie beim letztenmal.

btw whats up with Dale is his ICQ working when the Gauntlet beginns:rolleyes:

regards
Sir Ulli

ooooh twist me arm :wink:

count me in too :smiley: