Germany calling...

German government warns against using - MS Explorer – BBC News item.

Been seeing a lot of that in the Yahoo Tech News. Old scams being used via the vulnerabilities. Some company’s won’t use other browsers though and insist on using IE6 for their company intranets. They know the vulnerabilities are there but still leave themselves exposed. Land Rover’s intranet for dealerships to access their network when I left would only work on IE6 and they still hadn’t made the changes necessary to upgrade to IE7 or even to another browser altogether.

Wow they’re quick…been warning folk away from that pos since 2005 :smiley:

No one in Germany, who knows what a computer is for, using the IExplorer voluntarily… :wink:

The issue (STUPID PEOPLE)!!
If anyone with a few smarts would just think a little, none of this would happen. Clicking on, going to and just surfing without a care I mean they should have to pay to fix the computer they own. All, and I mean all Browsers have issue same with OS’s. Smart hackers take there time to break into things because they like to see if they can. In some cases it is getting funded by well you select the crazy people/group of your choice. Me I have a firewall, Antivirus and use the #1 stopper my smarts…

I always thought Germans were smart…guess not in this case!