Grown ups

Many moons ago, this was mentioned …

A non-public forum, restricted membership by request.

“Anything goes”, all those <coughs> videos, discussions etc that we could all talk about easily whilst at meets but didn’t want to put “public” online.

Who wants it? Family friendly is great, but having seen what the kids of today are like, fighting a losing battle. So an adult type forum?

Dangerous? A no-recourse forum, post what you like, be as controversial as you like, expect insults etc etc

Discuss.

I’m not a prude, but I think we have to be mindful of our younger element. It all comes down to, “What would I like my kids to see on this forum?” I would not like blatant links to Pr0N sites or videos in the general forum. I think it would be OK to have an adult section by invite only, as you know the ages of the members in most cases from their profiles I would guess (assuming birthdays are part of the sign on process).

Don’t really care for it myself but wouldn’t mind there being one hidden out of the way.

On the note of forum ages, I just went to update my profile and it wouldn’t let me save unless I had DOB filled in. So that implies it didn’t have it already?

Indifferent really, if I desire more adult infotainment I know where to look :stuck_out_tongue:

Also indifferent, however activity on a hidden forum detracts from activity on the public forums… just something to keep in mind.

Can’t say I’m bothered about it either.

One of the other forums I use used to have such a forum where you had to type a password in each time, it got occasional use but was eventually removed - nobody seemed to notice.

The best way to find out is to create one I suppose and see if it gets used.

The only downside is the administration of the userbase, no idea how that would get managed.

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;461444]The best way to find out is to create one I suppose and see if it gets used.

The only downside is the administration of the userbase, no idea how that would get managed.[/QUOTE]

yep go4it

Another forum I frequent uses an area hidden from usual members… and just allows certain people to see it… Didn’t we have the same sort of thing for the Ogame forum?

Just set that up and only allow certain people… obviously there is some conversation that would go on… and maybe it would increase the whole site activity rather than detract from that?

Worth a shot atleast… Can’t do any harm :slight_smile: