Had to have one of my cats put to sleep :(

My oldest cat Blossom has been ill for a while and was losing weight and suffering from a loss of appetite. I took her to the vet and she found it hard to even find her kidneys which seems to have been the cause of her becoming weak and losing her appetite. Sadly, it was decided to put her to sleep as there was no way she could be cured, considering she was 16 years old; a pretty good age for a cat. So goodbye Bloss, God bless, and I will miss you.

As a fellow cat lover that is sad to hear…

I nursed a manx stumpy with cancer until the point where he could no longer eat, and the vet said it was better for him to be put to sleep. Also had a tortoiseshell that suffered kidney problems and she died in her sleep, curled up on the sofa.

Got a 7 year old black one who lost half of her hair when another of my cats died… the vets said it was an allergy, but after I adopted a tabby kitten it grew back…

Sat here with Whiskas head resting on my leg whilst i type this… After 4 years he has finally realised that if he sits quietly beside rather than on me I won’t lift him off my knees and put him down…

She was the spawn of Satan in her early years, virtually feral and would not allow most people to come close without attacking them, but she did mellow in later years, but was still the boss of the house and beat up anyone who got in her way. She was also the mother of the 4 kittens we acquired after we took her in (not realising she was pregnant) and we subsequently found homes for. She was fiercely territorial, unpredictable, but on the whole a loving cat. You just didn’t stroke her before letting her know you were there, or else you risked losing parts of your body :chuckle:. Definitely a character, and initially not a lap cat, but she did mellow and became part of the family later on. She will be missed.