Hands up who likes Genesis

I think they’re great. Duke is my favourite album, listening to it now. Apart from being a totally top-tastic album, it’s a really good recording too, great for demo-ing hifi etc.

Go and buy it now! :smiley:

Cue debate over Collins/Gabriel…:slight_smile:

me sticks up hand - the early Phil times, when he was just drumming and Peter was still the singer, well before my time but sounds good…

and then came “Mama”…

DT.

I prefer Phil Collins. :smiley:

Originally posted by Bibby
I prefer Phil Collins. :smiley:

My breads buttered on the other side - I prefer Kylie :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, but do you prefer Turnip, or Swede?

Phil Colins is one of the worst drummers ever to have been allowed to record :frowning:

not a bad voice though :slight_smile:

Originally posted by DoubleTop
and then came “Mama”…

As in

“Mama… Just killed a man”

?

UUMM truth no :stuck_out_tongue:

/drags thread kicking and screaming back on topic…

My first ever LP was Trick of the Tail. Loved it. Next purchase was “Lamb Lies Down” (I am a backward type), followed by Yessongs…and thus my musical ‘taste’, for want of a better word, was set.

I have always loved Genesis. At one stage I think I had every album, which was a bit sad. Duke is fine - love “Duke’s Travels/End” - but the live version of Firth of Fifth on “Seconds Out” is probably my most played bit of music, especially when I had a decent stereo (pre Wifeandkids).

The Phil/Pete thing is a bit irrelevant IMHO…they were both great at what they did.

Was lucky enough to see them live at Western Springs in Auckland on the Invisible Touch Tour. Bloody fantastic, surpassed only by Pink Floyd (anyone like THEM???), same venue, Momentary Lapse tour (IIRC).

Pink Floyd? Oh yes…:nod:

Pin Floyd fan also :thumbsup:

Originally posted by TonyP
Pin Floyd fan also :thumbsup:

Me also :slight_smile:

Top band :nod:

sorry guys…

//firmly keeps hands DOWN//

J:D

Originally posted by Dancin
[B]sorry guys…

J:D [/B]

It’s not your fault mate, no-one is saying it’s a problem, we all have different tastes after all :slight_smile:

/ … keep him talking guys, I’ll go fetch the chair and power cable :chuckle: :guitar:

Originally posted by Dancin
[B]sorry guys…

J:D [/B]

Absolutely Dancin…so what’s your fav then???

/ perhaps ‘Comfortably Numb’ at max volume???

Originally posted by ike
[B]

/ perhaps ‘Comfortably Numb’ at max volume??? [/B]

Or ‘DirtChamber Sessions’ :wink:

J:D

Dirtchamber Sessions kicks ass!!!

DJ Sy and MC Storm @ Skelter every time fo me tho :smiley: :cool:

Originally posted by sp00n
[B]Dirtchamber Sessions kicks ass!!!

DJ Sy and MC Storm @ Skelter every time fo me tho :smiley: :cool: [/B]

I have run this through Bablefish, and still do not recognise any Pink Floyd and/or Genesis song or album titles…:confused:

Dont think i’ve ever come back/down from the other side of the moon :flip: :wink:
which explains a lot of things :smiley:

But then again a triple bill one afternoon with Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and the Rolling Stones (the tongue tour) at the local racecourse was very, very hard to beat :cool:

Never saw Genesis live so cant compare 'em but Wakeman and Yessongs live also is way up there

Originally posted by Vajras
[B]

Never saw Genesis live so cant compare 'em but Wakeman and Yessongs live also is way up there [/B]

/ike goes very very green