Help and idea's please

The security around my area has become next to non,
the police are never turning up,
my neighbour had several guy’s put a machetty through his head.

but the jist of it is as a father i want to know my home is secure,
and rather than spending stupid ammounts of money on a top of the range security system i want a closed circtut system inplace around the property.

to avoid people complaining about being filmed and also unwanted attention,
the camer’as of choice have to be extreemly small and be able to withstand weather.

this also has to be computer controlled (no accsess to a network unless i am away from the home etc)

i know there are tiny camera’s out there but they cost the earth.
is there a cheaper alternative.

also i know the software used has to be on a licence.
i.e the more camera’s you have on the system the higher the price.

i only want 3 camera’s and all 3 have to be infrared as it obviously get’s dark at night.

one of wich will be placed outside the front door overlooking the door to see who is there etc.

one will be placed on the balcony facing the entrance to the building and a final one facing the back entrance of the building.

so if the camera’s are too big people will notice them.
so i need somthing that is easy to hide,

the hardest one to hide will be the one near the front door as the close is white.

the other 2 will not be a problem.

sorry for the long post but i am serriosuly taking this up as a project.
and need some help with it.

and of course suggestions.

also they will not be set to record unless there is any good reason to.

can anyone help?
thanks
Andy.

just to let you know its illegal to have CCTV cameras around your home unless you have a sign saying there is CCTV around…

also Infared cameras arnt really small because they need a stack of infared bulbs around them so the camera can pick them up…

you can grab a card off ebay for next to nothing or grab a kit even so that you can set some cameras up and have them going to your pc…probably cost about £100 quid…

but like I said you have to put signs up and say…

yes indeed im glad you bought that up,

it say’s that quite boldly in the law.
but nowhere does it say how big the signs have to be,
as long as they are visible.
so a simple small window sticker saying cctv is in operation is all that is needed.

what you say about the infrared camera bulbs isnt strictly true…
and as for the card… are you talking about DVR cards becuase i wont be using them.

a wireless pinhole camera uses colour vision also night vision and also records sound.

here’s one…

and can produce high quality night images.
and costs £54
not including wireless reciver.
but 2 of those with wireless reciver is…£114

2 to 4 x 2.4 GHz colour pinhole wireless camera 22x22x19mm with audio complete kit includes transmitters, 4 channel receiver, mains adaptors and 9v battery clip.
Transmission 300 feet line of site (decreases with obstacles, generally copes well within the average house through walls, doors and ceilings)

/just found this on licensing law’s too.

2.4GHz carry the CE approval label, a standardised frequency that can be used throughout the EU legally to 300 feet range without licence.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-2-4G-4CH-Wireless-CCTV-Pinhole-Spy-Camera-Kit_W0QQitemZ160179991360QQihZ006QQcategoryZ48632QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

just talking from actuall experience in the field about the cameras… not what ive read on the net…

Cheapest option is to put up BIG signs to keep them guessing where the cameras are

LOL
nice idea tf… but i actually want to be able to see who’s around my domain…
it’s hard to explain living where i live…
i cant move house for lot’s of reasons i wont rant on about now.
but the short of it is i want to feel a sense of security in my home.

[QUOTE=crunchingsheep;401326]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-2-4G-4CH-Wireless-CCTV-Pinhole-Spy-Camera-Kit_W0QQitemZ160179991360QQihZ006QQcategoryZ48632QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

just talking from actuall experience in the field about the cameras… not what ive read on the net…[/QUOTE]

that is absolutly spot on m8 thanks.

will order asap :smiley:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=220725&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=dvr&doy=22m11

Combine that with a hard disk and a couple of cameras for a pretty decent system, don’t forget the affiliate link. Trust me when I say that buying a dedicated piece of hardware is so much simpler than setting it up yourself.

DT.

The ones ive been setting up latly are the dvr365.com sets… brilliant quality… 16 cameras 400fps per box 25fps per camera :slight_smile: brilliant machines!

I did read somewhere (will try to remember where) that for domesic use you do not need any signs. You just have to take reasonable care to only cover your own property.

yup just got a second newer one for our new offices (with built in dvd writer) absolutly cracking, especially with a couple of TB of storage :trophy:

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;401375]http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=220725&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=dvr&doy=22m11

Combine that with a hard disk and a couple of cameras for a pretty decent system, don’t forget the affiliate link. Trust me when I say that buying a dedicated piece of hardware is so much simpler than setting it up yourself.

DT.[/QUOTE]

the setup that crunching sheep put up thats on ebay is perfect and comes with its own reciver and that can just connect to my gfx card.
i presume i would then set that up as another monitor.
or the easier option just plug it into the tv.