Help :p

I think this would be the right place.
Basically i applied for a job today,
and the funny thing is i think i may get it :stuck_out_tongue:
it’s working for a company that designs company logo’s and also makes custom rubber stamps.
all i will have to do is put a company logo and the curstom writing together for it to then get passed to the stamp maker person.
anyway the program they use is coral draw x3 or x4.
and from the tutorials i have seen it is very similar to photoshop,
i was wondering if anyone here has a good knowlage of coral that could give me some pointers,
or if anyone has a copy of the software i could buy.
any help with this welcome.
but i will download a trial version to practice with.
thanks in advance.
Andy.

Good luck Andy! …wish I could help, but I never used it. --Tom

Andy, if you can get yourself a demoo then that would be goof, even if you can’t you’ll pick it up in no time, I did exactly what it sounds like you’ll be doing for my old work places logo after the originals got lost. Take your time, don’t expect to become an expert over night, but you will be able to produce stuff in days.

good luck

thanks guys.
the woman from H.R says alot of people learn on the job,
and im not 100% trying to blag it i said i have “some experiance” with similar software.
so ill dl the trial and give it a whurl… can’t hurt :slight_smile:

Alright. ive been playing around with the software.
i thought i would start off small.
i got a picture of the vista logo and i recreated it peice by peice in corel draw.
tell me what you think.
and apologies but the colours are off a bit

Linky

to make the circle look shiny that took some work,
in total there are 3 circles and 4 squares all blended and meshed etc to make it look good :smiley:
im quite proud of it anyways.
Andy.

A little tip Andy - check all your spellings when creating logos etc :wink:

That’s very good Andy. It’s great playing with layers and pasting them on top each other. I tried Corel Draw, but it was a bit cumbersome for me and now I only use Paint Shop Pro 7, which funnily enough was bought out by Corel Draw :rolleyes:

I cant get enough of it,
i find it quite therapeutic making logo’s and designs etc here’s another.

You can get cool fonts download at www.dafont.com , simply download a font and put it in the fonts folder in control panel , Some good one at the website

[QUOTE=andylamb;416221]I cant get enough of it,
i find it quite therapeutic making logo’s and designs etc here’s another.

[/QUOTE]

I mostly use it for retouching photos and making signatures for the forum although I have used it for stuff like this.

Wow very nice stuff.
Ive been following alot of tutorials on youtube and they are very good.

Well if anyone is interested then i thought i would attempt something,
with two circles and a picture in the centre,
where the bottom of the picture under the inner circle and the top of the picture overlapped onto the outer circle.
it worked quite well and i was happy with it.

only thing I can suggest is watch anime… it will open your eyes to the world of design!

I did not get the job that this was all about.
Reason was not because I was to inexperienced it was because i missed out a capital H on a word in my CV,
goes to shoot himself

That’s just silly :nono: Sorry to hear that Andy :frowning: