Hmmm...I think the little machine can't anymore :(

Well, it looks like the little netbook that has been chugging along as best it could on a ubuntu instance of Rosetta will need to be pulled before too long…I’m getting lots of work, just none that the little machine has the resources to handle. I guess too many folks are getting i7 machines with 8Gb of RAM and stuff that this little Atom with 1Gb just can’t keep up with the evolution of the project files.

Oh well…anyone have a line on another project that is old / little machine friendly?

Malariacontrol.net is a good little earner that I dip in and out of from time to time and doesn’t seem to be to heavy on the dual core system I’m using

Simap is periodic. New units are available usually on the 1st of the month. It does run well with older equipment. It runs very well on a dual core with 2 gigs of ram that I still have running.

I was having the same problem with this PC (pentium 4) that I still use daily just for web browsing etc.

Maths projects are not really my thing but having given up on folding & seti on here, I have decided to try OGR 27. Runs fine on here in background. I dont run 24/7 but it chips in every couple of days with some points.