How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

Times have moved on since the OP. So the question now is How many forum members have a 17th edition ticket.

ā€¦but itā€™s 6 months later and a lurker from another team started it up again:catfight:

at least these energy saving bulbs last a year and not the normal 6 months :wink: now it should be bright enough to be able to see again by about june

Of course if the light bulb in question is a Maplin solar powered flood light (part number N01HT) you wouldnt bother changing it and just get used to blundering about in the dark

On a cloudy day such as today and most other days at this time of year, 7.2v at 20ma doesnā€™t even start to charge the battery
:frowning:

:tiphat: I Haveā€¦ not that Iā€™ll ever use it!!! :smiley:

I wish you buggers wouldnā€™t keep changing the damn bulbs, youā€™re playing havoc with my mushroom farm down here

pokes new bulb with pointy stick, lights candle and wanders off

<smug eco warrior mode on>
All my bulbs are now low wattage :sarcwave:. Ner ner ner-ner ner
<smug eco warrior mode off>

[QUOTE=Droid;463426]<smug eco warrior mode on>
All my bulbs are now low wattage :sarcwave:. Ner ner ner-ner ner
<smug eco warrior mode off>[/QUOTE]

but mine actually work :wink:

Low wattage bulb? Is that what people are calling candles these days?

:lol:

Once a year, we call candles a ā€œfire hazard on a cakeā€ and that day is Wolrams birthday

Fire extinguishers at the ready lads, it will soon be here :wink:

As weā€™re now over the 6 month time period for this to be highlighted again, I just thought Iā€™d bring it to everyones attention.

OK OK lightbulb changed. Back to sleep everyone ;p

how can we go back to sleep when you just turned the lights on :sigh:

I heard that the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to financial issues :sigh:

No it was due to be turned off, but a recent EU directive states that any lights at the end of tunnels must be turned off in a safe and controlled manner by a person or persons fully conversant with the procedure.

As there never has been a procedure for the turning off of lights at the end of tunnels, a committee has been formed to reach an agreement on staffing levels required.

so . . how many forum members would it take to turn off the light at the end of the tunnel ?

or does this require a new thread :shrug:

:haha: love it, made me smile with my morning coffee :smiley:

Surely we have to petition the members to see whether there is enough interest to participate in the said committee, and then the committee would have to perform a cost benefit analysis over the time & cost of the committee compared to the saving if we turned the light off.

Iā€™ve just received a rather snotty email from the National Union of Third Tier Electrical Routing Switchers

apparently even the thought of switching a light off without being a member of the union would contravene all known legislation :sigh: